Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    There is a fix to solve the window rattle.

Remove the plastic holder that hold the four power window buttons, and apply some electrical tape around the edge of the holder.

The problem is that the holder vibrates within the arm rest when the window is completely closed.

.© ♪

Field Fix for window rattles when window closed.

To permanetly fix this common issue with window rattles on accord euros when closed is to open your doors get a good quality silicone spray and spray the door rubbers. Then with a clean cloth towel massage and wipe off excess spray from the rubber as if you where moisturising your hands. 100% fix rate. Good luck. Same goes with CM accords.

Dr

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by DR HONDA View Post
    To permanetly fix this common issue with window rattles on accord euros when closed is to open your doors get a good quality silicone spray and spray the door rubbers. Then with a clean cloth towel massage and wipe off excess spray from the rubber as if you where moisturising your hands. 100% fix rate. Good luck. Same goes with CM accords.

Dr
    Thanks for the tip Phill.I'll try it and report back.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by chikaboom View Post
    Hi guys. As my accord euro is just weeks old, I didn't expect to have rattles.
    But, it did and I found out where the rattle was coming from.
    At first, I thought it was the front passenger window, but it wasn't in my case.
    The door trim was completely pulled off for window tinting at the dealership.
    When they put it back, they didn't do a good job and some hooks in the door trim were broken and they didn't tell me.
    After driving me car for a 1 week, the tweeter side of the front passenger door trim was coming off.
    Check your door trim as it may be the problem, at least in my case it was.
    I think this time it is my door trim. The rattle is a different type of rattle now. When I gently press on the window trim it makes a clicking type sound. It is possibly a broken or loose clip.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Went to my dealer to have the window rattle looked at again. The foreman took my car for a run on super smooth residential back streets (50km/hr) around the dealership. Surprise surprise no rattle was heard. I didn't even waste my time trying to argue the point. I thought this was the most pathetic attempt to duplicate my window rattle problem. It's now three stikes and out for this particular dealer.

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    let me guess ... Does that dealer happen to deal with the other 2 'h' brands as well? Had some unpleasant encounters with that one as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    That's the one. Have you found a better alternative? You can PM me if you like. I sit there amazed by the number of young kids (young men) working there. They could not possibly have much experience or knowledge up their sleeves. They are all probably computer geniuses but wouldn't have developed manual diagnosis skills. I reckon they just hook up the computer and if it doesn't show any codes then the car must be fine. However, a car can have problems that the computer can't pick up. It's just like going to the Dr. The Dr can't diagnose every problem using a test or scan. Sometimes you just have to rely on a good eye or ear and a wealth of knowledge and experience.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Hi guys just want to let you know that my window rattle has singificantly improved since a had an alignment done on my car today. My front tyres were a bit out and now there is no rattle on roads that I could previously hear the rattle. There is still one road that I can hear the rattle but it is a very very rough road. So I am happy with that outcome.

The funny thing is with my window i have that rattle whether the window is up or down . So do you believe there is a bolt too tight or too lose within the door or holding the window ?