Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thumbs up DIY: SRS ECU Reset y0!

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

SRS Light always on? Could be attributed to the following:

1. Disconnection of SRS Circuit then ignition on
    2. SRS bits n pieces are focked - you're focked $$

Most likely its no.1. I.e. do an audio AMP install, take your SRS enabled front seats out, disconnect SRS connector under the seat, turn the ignition on BEFORE reconnecting the SRS connector. Thats what I did

Performing a standard ECU reset WILL NOT get rid of the SRS Light, hence SRS ECU Reset is needed.

This was performed on a 1998 - 2002 CG/CK Accord. I've heard it works on other Hondas as well. But not 100% certain.

Aim: To reset the SRS ECU
    Required: Loose scrap wire to short the ECU
    Steps:

1. Find the SRS connector under your dash. In the case of the CG/CK Accord (and probably for most other Hondas), its yellow with green wires. Look for the small yellow one (~1.5cm x 1cm).

2. Get two pieces of scrap sexeh wires and strip all ends. Insert into connector as such

3. Hold wires together and turn the ignition on to 2 clicks (the one before the engine turns on)

At this point, the SRS light will come on as standard

4. The SRS light will then turn off - KAZAMM!:

Take wires apart as such (SCHWING!):

5. The SRS light will come on AGAIN. Connect wires again.

KAPOW!

6. The SRS light will go off AGAIN. Disconnect wires.

BAM!

7. AT this point, the SRS light should flash twice - signalling completion of this SRS ECU Reset

8. You can plug the connector back in* and turn the ignition off.

Other comments
    This procedure took less than 10 seconds, cost me nothing and would normally cost $$ at a Honda dealer to do an initial reading then action.

*I was told by a Honda mechanic that this plug itself leads to nothing. I have kept it hanging loose - all good since then.

Reason for this DIY: Hasn't been properly documented yet and I had this problem. Good to have in DIY section for ppl who need this (like me)

Hope that helps boys and girls

Jeff aka SiReal

P.S. If your SRS light comes on again, ensure all SRS component connectors are 'connected', then do this again. If it comes on again after that, go straight to your Honda dealer. It could mean something in the system is focked = $$$$$ SAFETY FIRST!!
    Last edited by SiReal; 15-01-2007 at 09:11 AM.

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    nice work Jeff

u do the diys other ppl wont
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    yea i did this last week. worked a charm. cant believe honda charges $200 to do this at a dealer....
    Last edited by EK4R; 11-01-2007 at 10:03 PM.

exactly! its the simplest procedure but it wasnt even documented properly. for the noob it would seem confusing. but its not really.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    nice work.

this one will come handy.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    awsome write-up man! now ill go see if it works on my mates EM and let ya know hah...not sure if it will work cause the light stays on ever since his engine conversion
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

thanks for the comments. do try it. if hes connected all the srs components like stock again, then i dont see why it shouldnt. its always worth a try before spending a couple of hundred at a honda dealer.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Sexy fingers Jeff . Good idea for a write up .
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

could you not also just use a paperclip to complete the circuit, instead of stripping wires etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by mugeneration
    Well I always thought to PLEASURE your girl was anything sexual.

To PLEASE your girl is anything that costs money.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    yes you could

just make sure it doesnt touch anyting,

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal View Post
    thanks for the comments. do try it. if hes connected all the srs components like stock again, then i dont see why it shouldnt. its always worth a try before spending a couple of hundred at a honda dealer.
    lol stoopid me, it wasnt the Airbag light, it was the engine light that stays on permanantly lol
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

blardy legend! been waiting for this one for ages..

has anyone had the problem over and over again?.. wat did they do?