Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    it may mean you've got a break in the SRS circuitry. might have to get a pro to look into that one.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by EK4R View Post
    yea i did this last week. worked a charm. cant believe honda charges $200 to do this at a dealer....
    i can only found a few yellow connectors with light purple wires...what colour are the wires with the SRS connector in EK?
    and is it behind the dash or just under the steering wheel?
    Last edited by 929; 07-03-2007 at 05:08 PM.

I have tried this on my car exactly the way you guys have mentioned it but it still wont go away

and also at the same time my horn doesnt work

Member Array
    Car:
    supra, r34gtt, eg, ek
    is anything actually really affected with the light staying on? i dont mind it too much or anything just wondering if it will cause any problems with it staying on...

anywho since im at work atm, i decided to go do it during my lunch break...my cars street parked while i had my head under the dash some vigilante neighbourhood people thought i was jacking someones car...i now have grazed legs cause the dude dragged me out of the car without a single word..wasnt too happy but the guy offered me a vb so all is forgiven epic work day
    +springloaded - ek1 - ek1 - evo6 - 34gtt - evo7 - s15 - 180sx - supra

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    well if theres a problem with a safety feature it should be addressed asap
    would you want the airbag deploying randomly or not deploying at all in an accident?

fingers cross neither of them happen but please have it addressed asap for your own safety

Member Array
    Car:
    supra, r34gtt, eg, ek
    lol tried to address during my lunch break umm..yeah phailed..
    had at look at it when i got home i think i found it but everything is so neatly packed and hard to get to it was the only yellow plug so im assuming that was it

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 GTI, DA9
    go to Honda service centre and pay $35 and its take about 10min and NO RISK to car electrics...! I did and totally worth it!
    Leighton T. aka LTPICS MSN=DEMON83_INC@HOTMAIL.COM
    '80 Accord 3D Hatch>'02 VW Golf S>'00 EM1 B18cR>'09 SYM Red Devil + '04 DC5R

for sale= http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127617

Member Array
    Car:
    supra, r34gtt, eg, ek
    whoa so cheap? someone was saying before like $200 thats why everyones doing this diy thing

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 1.5 V-tec E 5dr hatc
    This is fantastic. I didn't think it was going to work - I wasn't even sure that I had the right connector! I tried it with wire but found it tricky to maintain a good connection - using a paperclip to short the terminals worked a treat.
    Make sure you wait for the SRS light to blink twice or it won't work.
    My car's an old '96 Civic V-Tec E and I chose the connector that looked like it didn't connect to anything important (used the comment at the bottom of the instructions to guide me) - FANTASTIC, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by drated View Post
    I have tried this on my car exactly the way you guys have mentioned it but it still wont go away

and also at the same time my horn doesnt work
    If your horn doesn't work either, it suggests there's a problem with your clock spring which connects the wires for the horn and the wires for the airbag to the wiring looms of the car. This procedure will only work as a reset - if there is actually a problem with the wiring of the airbag, the fault will recurr - and yoiur light will come back on.

Best advice to you is to go to a breakers yard and get a "new" clock spring - once you've fitted it, use this procedure to reset the SRS light.

Good luck!

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by 929 View Post
    i can only found a few yellow connectors with light purple wires...what colour are the wires with the SRS connector in EK?
    and is it behind the dash or just under the steering wheel?
    Look for a yellow connector that doesn't look like it actually does anything more than secure the end of the wire to stop it flapping around - my wires were orange and red I think & it took me a while to work out which wire I needed.

The connector should come loose fairly easily by pressing the little release catch on the side. It's one of the two smaller yellow connectors and should be relatively accessible.

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX & CRV
    Nice write up, but Honda does not charge $200 to do this.......try $33.