Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Charmander

which car to choose ?

hey guys im looking at buying a new car and im stuck between 3 cars im not shure which to pick. Im looking to do track and quartermile n will also be my drive around car. heres my options

DC2R
    DC5R
    S2000

i would like to know which car would better and why

thanks guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    01 Yellow Fever R
    S2000 hands down....

then DC2R followed by DC5R

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    haha i'd pick S2K.. but i'm a n00b.

Out of interest, don't those 3 cars have a significant variance in price or are they quite similar nowadays? I also thought DC5R... wasn't that car not imported to Aus since we had the Type S?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    he wants a daily and a track / drag car.... i dont think a s2k would be that ideal in his stituation, plus the money he save from s2k he could mod his dc2r...i would prob go for that.

but if i had to choose i go for a EK

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 B16A
    S2K !!!! ........ DC5R.......... DC2R

its already got the most powerful NA 2ltr ever made... stock...
    correct me if im wrong...
    Got an old Videogame console, handheld, games and accessories. PM me! I want them

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    Test drive them.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    i have driven all and owned one of the cars you have mentioned (s2k)

s2K: is pretty slow, requires more dedication in your driving to get the most out of it, also parts to mod it are quite expensive and there are a few things prone to breaking such as the diff if like to dump the clutch from 8k rpm alot. If you dont have deep pockets then i suggest you past on this car.

dc2r: great bang for buck car, excellent for tracking and parts are easy to come by

dc5r: personally id get a dc5r, newer than dc2r and you get more gains out of simple mods.

OR if you want something heaps different then im selling my Turbo Jdm front DC2

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Firstly how much u want to spend on the car?

S2k: If you got deep pocket for modding s2k like Fly said.

dc2R: There so many parts for b series engines now you cant go wrong getting new or used parts and price is cheap and depends how far you want to go as well. Daily driver and track ill go for the dc2R.

Dc5r: There getting cheap to buy and the k20 responses well to small mods such as CAI, zorst etc bolts on basically. Honestly opinion K's is the new gerneration of modding for honda's. I've played around a b series engine almost worked to the extreme but if you want to play with my power a k's series will be good.

DC5R...> S2k...> DC2R

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    Test drive them !
    not being a smart ass... but is that what vtec feels like? turning the aircon off?

Very interesting ... I am also in the same boat. I am leaning towards a DC5R.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    get the dc5r. strip out the rear end hard. roll cage, get some ITB's and a good tune and away you go! lol