flat changing is for people who dont know how to change quick
    lol

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    Quote Originally Posted by McChook
    I learnt *clutchless changes* the hard way

In my Rover 416i, my clutch cable broke TWICE... and the first time, I had to drive it for 3 days with no clutch...... I was a MASTER... just couldn't get into into 5th, was afraid it might cause the box to fall out....
    How did you get it into first if at standstill ? :|
    you let the car roll to a top in neutral and turn the engine off. you then pu tit in 1st and crank da engine to get going. I know its not the best thing for you starter but it will get you out of a jam.

Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN";p="102727
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    Quote Originally Posted by McChook
    I learnt *clutchless changes* the hard way

In my Rover 416i, my clutch cable broke TWICE... and the first time, I had to drive it for 3 days with no clutch...... I was a MASTER... just couldn't get into into 5th, was afraid it might cause the box to fall out....
    How did you get it into first if at standstill ? :|
    you let the car roll to a top in neutral and turn the engine off. you then pu tit in 1st and crank da engine to get going. I know its not the best thing for you starter but it will get you out of a jam.
    If your car is f*cked, the starter motor is enough to get you up a curb and off the road in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by bumthology";p="102492
    flat changing is for people who dont know how to change quick
    lol
    Flat Changing is quicker than any change done using a clutch.

it's not necessarily quicker or slower.

all it means is that the revs don't drop as much.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    a quick change using the clutch can be done in less than a second anyways, and so i don't see how flat shifting manages to stop the revs dropping more than a normal fast change......, unless you are taking so long with the clutch in that the revs drop past what they will be at when the gears engage.

i thought the car will have to be at a certain rpm for a certain road speed?

correct me if i'm wrong.
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!