Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MRJDM
    gimme a price on b20 sleeves? cheapest to most expesive
    Hello David,

We do not carry any specific sleeves for the Honda B20 block. We used to but we ran into too many problems with the block so we no longer make them. You can however use our B18 kit 400-140 that is semi-finished at 84mm. But you may run into the same problems we did when we installed the kit. You will have to use sealer on the lower portion where the o-rings are on the sleeve. You would also need to make sure the bottom area is clean and smooth where the o-rings seat.

The cost of the kit retail is $560.00, shop price is $499.00 if you order just one.

Best Regards,
    John Catapang
    National Sales Manager
    Darton International, Inc.

This is a direct reply to me from Darton about sleeves for the B20 and I have these kits in stock so if you need a price PM me.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia
    Member of Master Of Vtec Group

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Wagon 24T
    Dave,

Are they US prices? Or is there a national distributer in Aus?

Yes that is an e-mail from Darton in the US to me when I first looked at sleeveing my B20B block, we are out of stock of the sleeve kits at the moment but should be here in 2 weeks. If you want a price on them PM me.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia
    Member of Master Of Vtec Group

Quote Originally Posted by DynoDave
    .But you may run into the same problems we did when we installed the kit. You will have to use sealer on the lower portion where the o-rings are on the sleeve. You would also need to make sure the bottom area is clean and smooth where the o-rings seat.

Regards Dyno Dave
    is this really a "PROBLEM" or a hiccup??

do know of a reliable machinist that can bore and hone the sleeves? sleeves are the things that get bored and honed, are they not??

do you have to give the machinist the pistons when he does this work??

thank dyno dave

dynodave - do you know which sleeves are on charlies b20??

Member Array
    Car:
    400HP cd5 Accord
    94vtirozguy: i'm getting my h22a sleeved as we speak. They are iron ones from germany and all the engineering place has to do is machine them to fit.
    If u wanna see some pics of it i'll send u complete photos of my bottom end.
    The block should be done today 19th April. Don't worry about goin US its too expensive. The sleeves i'm using are on 700hp cars.

CHU85

i would be happy to see pics of your sleeved block, also of costs and details of who are doing the work.
    --------------------------------------

NA all the way, turbos are ghey.

Member Array
    Car:
    400HP cd5 Accord
    no worries mate. will do as soon as its done

Member Array
    Car:
    E EG-6
    Quote Originally Posted by ah789454
    dynodave - do you know which sleeves are on charlies b20??
    charlie is using stock sleeves on his b20...he's got a engineer guy to do the machining and stuff...

A.K.A VTI60Y Array
    Car:
    RUSTED Sleeper
    OLM-02R- have you driven his b20?? theres a guy i met at GPC and he drove it and he says it pulls hard.
    KK24AA

Member Array
    Car:
    E EG-6
    yeah i've driven it...but i havent pushed it hard...coz we were still running it in when i test drove it...who white dude ??

A.K.A VTI60Y Array
    Car:
    RUSTED Sleeper
    OLM-02R its the guy that bought the EG with the same motor like mine.. his name is anthony..
    KK24AA