Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 2007 Vti Manual BLK

Lightbulb Tinting Windows !!!

Hi guys .. i got quoted 250 sumthing for tint for my car ... Well the thing is i can get the tinting material fromoverseas .. my friend is coming so he can bring in for me..

Is there any place or any one who can do the tinting for me .. a good one and charge sumthing for his services..
    The material will be mine ..
    What do u think of this .. Wil it worth it ? or what are ur suggestions...

Unless you can get your tint for like $10 and installed for $20 then its not worth it. I got mine done at tint professor a while back for around $250 with unconditional lifetime warranty (not intended to advertise them). Regardless of who you go with, Im sure they will have a lifetime warranty and if your not happy with the tint or maybe they didnt do it right properly the first time (accidental or whatever), they will redo it for you. I think for around $250, go local and get it done.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Be aware that the cheap stuff u get online is usually dodgy and will bubble in a year or so.

imo its better to spend $250 and go with a reputable quality brand like SolarTint which should last the life of the car.
    .© ♪

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 2007 Vti Manual BLK
    HMMMM .. thanks guys ...wwill think abt it .. \

Appreciate ur help

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 B16A
    wats the darkest legal tint??

wen i was in china, the windows i swear were painted black... so dark
    Got an old Videogame console, handheld, games and accessories. PM me! I want them

darkest legal is 35% for all windows (except for the front which u cant tint). You can get away with doing your rear window 20% aslong as your sides are 35%. I got mine 20% all over cos i thought the 35% looked weak

Member Array
    Car:
    b&w eh, blurple ek
    i got 20% all round too, 35% is crap, it's like there's nothing there. I bought a mazda with it on and i swar you couldn't pick it unless you saw the little sticker in the corner that had the name and 35% on it , the tint was old and faded though, but still....35% = crap IMO.

Back on topic, hmmmm have you tried doing it yourself????? It's not as hard as many ppl believe especially if you've seen someone do it b4, but yeah you have to use good material othervise it bubbles as the adhesive is weak in some chaper brands. We did my friends ute with the film you can get from super cheap ($30 square metre i think) but he was selling his car so he didn't care much if it lasted or not. And $250 is reasonable price to pay
    Life is like a box of chocolates
    It doesn't last as long for fat people

Member Array
    Car:
    had 5% on the sides and 15% on the rear.
    seem fine for me, just harder to reverse.

costed me $180 for my s13, life time warranty too.
    if you get a mobile dude to come your place and do your tints
    they usually charge no more than $250, shops usually charge more because your using their room.

Member Array
    Car:
    Poo-goat 307
    FYI removal of tint should be arrounf $70

Got mine done @ Instant Windscreen. Good service and lifetime warranty. Like others have suggested, don't take a risk, get it done locally with warranty.

Note: IF you get darker than legal tint then you can be defected and insurance might not cover you.

wats the 20-30% stuff confusing...250 is cheap..i gt quoted 295 for solar and 265 for instant...but i do not know the %

Quote Originally Posted by marcus View Post
    wats the 20-30% stuff confusing...250 is cheap..i gt quoted 295 for solar and 265 for instant...but i do not know the %
    Thats to do with how much light comes in. You can google it and read more about it. Tinting places usually supply you with the darkest legal tint which is 35%.

Quote Originally Posted by defect View Post
    had 5% on the sides and 15% on the rear.
    seem fine for me, just harder to reverse.
    I could imagine your ride would look hot. But if you go that low, it may attract the police.