Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16

"Check Systen" Warning

Today while I was ready to stop at the red light, the warning display suddenly showed "Check System" and the battery and engine oil warning lights come up. After that, I turn the key again and the car went like normal.
    Anyone got this problem before?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeG View Post
    Today while I was ready to stop at the red light, the warning display suddenly showed "Check System" and the battery and engine oil warning lights come up. After that, I turn the key again and the car went like normal.
    Anyone got this problem before?
    Sounds like the engine simply stalled - what were the circumstances - ie what gear, what speed was the car travelling, clutch in or out? It could be you stalled it by accident. I have done it recently a few times from stationery as I am getting used to the clutch again (haven't driven it in 12 months).

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    i really cant remember as my reaction is pretty quick since there is lots of car behind. I am doing engine brake... but will stall show "Check SYstem" as i hardly stall my car =)

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeG View Post
    i really cant remember as my reaction is pretty quick since there is lots of car behind. I am doing engine brake... but will stall show "Check SYstem" as i hardly stall my car =)
    The malfunction symbols will all come up if you stall. The lights on the dash will look similar as if you have just turned the ignition key before starting the engine.

Where is "check system" shown - was it a symbol or was that written on the dash. I have never seen words written on the dash for 03-05 models. Perhaps that is an 06 model thing with the multifunction dash (not sure what model you have).

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    His is an 06 I think. What I can suggest is to bring it to your dealer, tell them exactly what happened, and you got the check system message. They should do a checkup for you for no charge under warranty.

BTW, quick call your dealer to book it in so they know that you called them as soon as it happened.

If it was me, I'd pull the ECU code to find out what's wrong. Hehe. But that's because I have a reader.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    His is an 06 I think. What I can suggest is to bring it to your dealer, tell them exactly what happened, and you got the check system message. They should do a checkup for you for no charge under warranty.

BTW, quick call your dealer to book it in so they know that you called them as soon as it happened.
    Agree, these warnings/errors are logged and the dealer can view it. But the problem is they usually just reset it LOL

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    If it was me, I'd pull the ECU code to find out what's wrong. Hehe. But that's because I have a reader.
    Yeah, but the reader doesn't work in my car LOL
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    the check system warning is on the dash which 03-05 may not have it as mine is 06...... hm...... not sure...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro std 6MT
    I have only encountered "Check System" when my Euro stalled once.
    2006 CL9 Accord Euro 6MT - Nighthawk Black Pearl
    Mods: | 5,000k Polarg HID Bulb | PIAA LED Licence Plate & Parking Light Bulb |

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    Have you still disconnected your seat airbags (as mentioned in another thread)?

"Check system" was prominently displayed after my airbags had gone off in an accident.

The sensors are probably reading that something isn't right somewhere as the whole braking, traction and airbag system seems to talk to itself constantly...

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    no i find out that it was just stall as i tried to stall the car the other night and it also displayed the same warning...... maybe I havent done the engine brake properly =)
    Thx anyway guys

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Go to dealer.depending on time of day,work load etc.they can check it while you wait.