Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro std 6MT

Few questions about minor modifications

Over several days ago I have changed the low beam headlights with the 4,750k HID light (not the real HID light kit). Do I need the dealer to adjust the light? It seems to me after installing it, the left light just not height adjusted as on the right.

With the rear licence plate light, I have replaced it as well. But my bro in law recommended me not to put the fading white licence plate light (probably only 60-70% more fade compared to std), in case the jealous police will pull me over and fine me for that. Need some advice in this.

Also, is it better for me to put FM modulator to play MP3 from my mobile phone? Anymore suggestions for this?
    2006 CL9 Accord Euro 6MT - Nighthawk Black Pearl
    Mods: | 5,000k Polarg HID Bulb | PIAA LED Licence Plate & Parking Light Bulb |

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro76 View Post
    Over several days ago I have changed the low beam headlights with the 4,750k HID light (not the real HID light kit). Do I need the dealer to adjust the light? It seems to me after installing it, the left light just not height adjusted as on the right.

With the rear licence plate light, I have replaced it as well. But my bro in law recommended me not to put the fading white licence plate light (probably only 60-70% more fade compared to std), in case the jealous police will pull me over and fine me for that. Need some advice in this.

Also, is it better for me to put FM modulator to play MP3 from my mobile phone? Anymore suggestions for this?
    Q1. I think you should check whether the globe is installed correctly. I once installed it upside upside down and it makes the cut off point look wrong.

Q2. Don't go for anything that is dimmer than stock. I saw on Atjo's car a really bright number plate light and the rear of the car looked much better lit up.

Q3. Just splurge and get a SNHOND3 connection (about $100AUD plus shippping to Oz from USA). I installed it yesterday and the sound quality is better than I expected. Just like putting a CD in the stacker.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    1. Doesnt your HID kit have Auto Levelers? Pretty sure its illegal not to have them. U need HID washers as well for that matter.

2. I have LED's in the License plates and it looks almost as bright, but its a pure white and looks the same as IS250's. I'm using the 5-LED Wedge Bulb if I remember correctly. Have a look here: http://www.superbrightleds.com/
    .© ♪

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8

Q1: If you are saying that the left is higher than the right, this is correct. It's set up that way from factory to avoid blinding the oncoming traffic (hence the right is aimed lower). But yes, do check the fitment like yfin said.

Q2: I think yfin has a point there.

Q3: I've only heard about this, some people say the FM modulator doesn't give as good sound as a direct cable being "plugged" to your car sound system. If you have the money, follow yfin suggestion. That way you can plug in other devices in the future.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I agree with the SNHOND3. But if you must have an FM transmitter, get the one that runs off rechargeable batteries, not your 12v cigarette lighter power. The electrical noise is terrible and is amplified by the Euro's sound system.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 2005
    Stay the hell away from a FM transmitter for the following reasons:
    - it ALWAYS gets interference - even in the middle of the hay plains
    - they're never powerful enough
    - in the city, there's never any free channels/space due to signal leak on FM signals

I've got the Belkin one for my iPod and its exactly why i'm looking at a SNHOND3 - like i said - stay the hell away and get a propper connector

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro std 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    1. Doesnt your HID kit have Auto Levelers? Pretty sure its illegal not to have them. U need HID washers as well for that matter.

2. I have LED's in the License plates and it looks almost as bright, but its a pure white and looks the same as IS250's. I'm using the 5-LED Wedge Bulb if I remember correctly. Have a look here: http://www.superbrightleds.com/
    It's not HID kit, it's just the bulb. Which part of page should be looking at. Can't seem to find it. Yupe, just like the Lexus IS250...exactly what I am looking for.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Which part of page should be looking at. Can't seem to find it. Yupe, just like the Lexus IS250...exactly what I am looking for.
    http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html

I'm using "WLED-x6 LED Wedge Base Bulbs"

The "WLED-WHP LED Wedge Base Bulbs" are also excellent - very bright and not too blue.

Order both and decide which one looks better. U can use the left overs in another location such as in the front parker lights or boot.

There are also LED brakelight replacement bulbs here:
    http://www.superbrightleds.com/tail-brake-turn.html

brake light (2x outer)

brake light (2x inner)
    168 wedge

High mount stop light
    .© ♪

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro std 6MT
    Thanks. Are those need special adaptor to run or just plug in as usual? I haven't browse thru that website due to busy lately.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html

I'm using "WLED-x6 LED Wedge Base Bulbs"

The "WLED-WHP LED Wedge Base Bulbs" are also excellent - very bright and not too blue.

Order both and decide which one looks better. U can use the left overs in another location such as in the front parker lights or boot.

There are also LED brakelight replacement bulbs here:
    http://www.superbrightleds.com/tail-brake-turn.html

brake light (2x outer)

brake light (2x inner)
    168 wedge

High mount stop light
    What do those brake lights look like? Do you have any pics on your car? That is one area I would be hesistent to change unless I knew they were brighter than stock.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    What do those brake lights look like? Do you have any pics on your car? That is one area I would be hesistent to change unless I knew they were brighter than stock.
    I have some pics at home, i'll put 'em up later. They are not brighter than the stock bulbs but they are pretty close.
    .© ♪

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If they are similar to stock, then why bother changing them?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2