Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    R32 GT-R / S2000
    Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Hi guys, this has probably been covered many times before. I know there's always been some debate around whether or not CAI/SAI is better than a Stock box but all those amazing cars with pods in their engine bay all over the world can't be totally wrong. Besides, I love the sound a pod makes and the sound of a car is important to me... so here we go!

I have been driving the car for a week now with just a pod filter in the engine bay. It's cold here in Sydney at the moment so the air's always crisp but instantly, after removing the stock airbox and whacking on the pod I felt the car was revving more freely and most of all I could hear a lot more induction roar and I can now distinctly hear the vtec kick in too (I couldn't before).

I bought some 3inch intake ducting from Star Performance (thanks EG5 for the tip off) this stuff is big and chunky.

I initially just connected one end to the pod and the other I tie strapped it underneath the car's undertray. No good as it was literally hanging under the bottom of the car 3inches and would scoop up water in puddles really fast! But I wanted to test whether or not this made a difference. And WOW. It made a huge difference!!! Car revs a lot more freely again, feels more torquey when you're rolling, lift of accelerator and then jab it back on again it just feels stronger.

So I decided to go for it:

- I cut out the driver side front bar with a hacksaw blade (I still need to clean this up, may even cut more of it off).

- Attach ducting to a small hole with a tie strap and I also managed to screw it in so it will not move at all.

And this is the final outcome:

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    If you are not going to follow the format, at LEAST add the disclaimer.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6905
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    argh, dont think I could bring myself to cutting the front bar. Where did you actually have to cut? How much is the material worth?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY02 WRX
    whats stopping water spray getting into your filter? and bugs and dirt?

would the ripply nature of that tube add air turbulance to the intake, and therefore slow down the air going into the intake mainfold?

could add a heatshield/airbox sort of thing around the high lighted area
    フジタエンジニアリング

bit like trav's
    フジタエンジニアリング

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    yeah ray that heat shield kicks arse
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    R32 GT-R / S2000
    Ducting cost me $39 for 1 1/2 metres (I thought I should be safe with that amount it was almost twice too much). I just got back from a long drive and sad to say it felt much better when I had the end of the ducting right at the bottom of the car hanging below the undertray facing the front but that would suck up dirt and water.

Snowman, I read that too somewhere but it's just these comments that I am trying to sort out for myself. So many people on forums say one thing but they say it withouth experience so I'm always one to buy/try things and if they don't work well then I won't do it again to future cars.

Wynode, sorry about not following the format you have set out, please feel free to delete this thread. Was only trying to help!

with the ribbed tubing.. it would lose a bit of effectiveness as a ram intake and then only work as a cold air intake i'd say better than no gain

justinfox =

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-R Hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuttz
    with the ribbed tubing.. it would lose a bit of effectiveness as a ram intake and then only work as a cold air intake i'd say better than no gain

justinfox =
    There is 0% ram in almost all car intake setups.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justinfox
    Wynode, sorry about not following the format you have set out, please feel free to delete this thread. Was only trying to help!
    Make me do all the work :|
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq