Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by ENVSSS View Post
    I don't know how many people have done this mod before but I tried it and have recently placed my stock 55w globes back in after having to replace both fog light lenses after them cracking.

I noticed that the do get extremely hot compared to stock ones and I figured that they cracked due to excessive heat and use in the wet (cooled too quickly). What are your thoughts? I'd love to put them back in but I am a little hesitant...
    I did this mod also and it looks awesome, but i'm experiencing the same problem as ENVSSS. My fog lenses haven't cracked but after 10-15 min of driving the lenses are bloody hot and i assume that if i were to drive in the rain with them on it would eventually crack.

Anyone else tried this mod with similar issues?

For now i'll just have to use the foggies when it's not raining.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Hey,

I was considering doing this mod but I'm a bit worried about hearing the glass cracking. Has anyone else experienced cracking of the glass as well, don't want to go through the hassle of replacing them.

Feedback on others who have done this mod too would be nice. Thanks in advanced =)

Banned Array
    Car:
    Euro 06'
    gosh and here iam dressed and ready to go buy some H9 bulbs

i guess i'll wait for more feedback! but nice writeup nontheless. I dont know how to rep you .. lol i would if i knew how!!

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by rikstar View Post
    I did this mod also and it looks awesome, but i'm experiencing the same problem as ENVSSS. My fog lenses haven't cracked but after 10-15 min of driving the lenses are bloody hot and i assume that if i were to drive in the rain with them on it would eventually crack.

Anyone else tried this mod with similar issues?

For now i'll just have to use the foggies when it's not raining.
    But the fog lights are very hot even with stock globes after 10-15 minutes! Remember the difference in wattage is only 15%.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    Would a 55w H9 still be brighter than a 55w H11 bulb?
    Yes it will but are they available? I think the draw on the H9 is 65w.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    ^^ ah, too late, LOL, coz i got the MTEC ones off a trader here, so i just went with H11...again, but diff colour.

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    But the fog lights are very hot even with stock globes after 10-15 minutes! Remember the difference in wattage is only 15%.
    i suppose i'll have to test it out in the rain and let you all know how it goes.

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Lux
    okay guys, here's a shot with the new H9 Bulbs (4,750K). Bought them from a trader on OZHonda. Pretty good match if i do say so myself.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Euro 06'
    ^ that looks awesome! nice match indeed.

Hm, how much are h9 bulbs worth at the local auto store? how come you guys are all ordering from the traders?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    lol nice.... wots the different betweent H11 and H9??
    is H9 more brigter or sumthing?
    凸-_-凸

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by JunYu View Post
    ^ that looks awesome! nice match indeed.

Hm, how much are h9 bulbs worth at the local auto store? how come you guys are all ordering from the traders?
    Not sure how much they are locally, but the ones i got are MTEC. I only bought them becuase they had good reviews from other members here. If you want the same set as mine let me know, i accidently ordered two sets of bulbs.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by rikstar View Post
    Not sure how much they are locally, but the ones i got are MTEC. I only bought them becuase they had good reviews from other members here. If you want the same set as mine let me know, i accidently ordered two sets of bulbs.
    Hi there

I've recently purchased the MTEC 4300K H9 foglights, and did the "H11 to H9" conversion as per this DIY. I've had no problems with that, other that the fact that it took 30 minutes+ with a stanley knife/swiss army knife to cut away the extra edge within the plastic housing.

The problem I have is that I can't seem to fit the unit into the fog light casing. The 3 metal protrusions at the base of the globe don't seem to click into the metal surrounding in the foglight case. I've compared both the stock and MTEC units, and found that one of the metal protrusions is approx. 2mm longer on the MTEC than the stock... is there another way of putting this in? Has anyone else experienced this problem with the MTEC?

Cheers