Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    ^
    should be able to use tin snips to cut the extra metal guides off. i have mentioned n this thread or another thread that some H9 bulbs is not a straight fit into the H11 socket.

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    Like, why cant you just get a H11 bulb rated the same as the H9's your all getting?? i dont see why a 4300k H9 65W bulb will be brighter then a 4300k H11 65W bulb?
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    ^ as stated by yfin in his initial post it's the lumens that affect the output and H11 bulb just don't have that many lumens.

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Euro Lux 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff_c View Post
    Hi there

I've recently purchased the MTEC 4300K H9 foglights, and did the "H11 to H9" conversion as per this DIY. I've had no problems with that, other that the fact that it took 30 minutes+ with a stanley knife/swiss army knife to cut away the extra edge within the plastic housing.

The problem I have is that I can't seem to fit the unit into the fog light casing. The 3 metal protrusions at the base of the globe don't seem to click into the metal surrounding in the foglight case. I've compared both the stock and MTEC units, and found that one of the metal protrusions is approx. 2mm longer on the MTEC than the stock... is there another way of putting this in? Has anyone else experienced this problem with the MTEC?

Cheers
    I have the 4750K MTEC H9 fogs, and had the same problem as you. There is only one part out of the 3 metal plates that dont fit! I simply bent the one of the edge of the metal plate with a plier upwards as much as I can and it was enought to fit in the H11 socket of the euro.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by CB7_OWNER View Post
    Like, why cant you just get a H11 bulb rated the same as the H9's your all getting?? i dont see why a 4300k H9 65W bulb will be brighter then a 4300k H11 65W bulb?
    I think it is the design of the H9 bulb which are typically for high beam applications. Either way it is 55% more light compared to the H11 in 55w.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz Vti-S 04
    does anyone know where i can source there in sydey n how much,,, wats the differennce betweeen the 4300 and the 4750.. also which bulbs o replae hi beams??/

alternatively you could use h11 yellow fogs?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 Accord Euro Sport
    guys, for those of you who have done this conversion, all good still? no issues at all - cracked lenses, etc?
    (sorry to revive an old thread, I'm new to OzHonda and after reading up on this DIY, I'm really keen to do it)

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    i'm going to purchase the H9 to do the conversion, however noticed on this thread:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53885 that the H9's are 100W. I'm assuming this is a mistake and it should be 65W? can someone confirm?

I have just purchased 6000k HID's and need to match up my foggies. Would the 4350k or 4750k be the right match.. ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Quote Originally Posted by doosra View Post
    i'm going to purchase the H9 to do the conversion, however noticed on this thread:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53885 that the H9's are 100W. I'm assuming this is a mistake and it should be 65W? can someone confirm?

I have just purchased 6000k HID's and need to match up my foggies. Would the 4350k or 4750k be the right match.. ?
    Eeerrr to match your 6000k you just get 6000k

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    Quote Originally Posted by geeang View Post
    Eeerrr to match your 6000k you just get 6000k
    they don't have 6000k.. if you read through the thread, you'll notice:

AVAILABLE COLOURS
    - GOLDEN STYLE 3,300K
    - SUPER WHITE 4,350K
    - COSMOS BLUE WHITE 4,750K

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by doosra View Post
    they don't have 6000k.. if you read through the thread, you'll notice:

AVAILABLE COLOURS
    - GOLDEN STYLE 3,300K
    - SUPER WHITE 4,350K
    - COSMOS BLUE WHITE 4,750K
    i wouldn't worry about it - the photo in my first pic is 4000k and look how white that is.