Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls

Tanabe vs Skunk2 Coilovers

I'm currently deciding on coilovers for my da9, and have narrowed it down to 2 options - tanabe and skunk2

The tanabes are the TSC002 model, designed for dc2 which i would use dc2 forks to fit.
    http://www.tanabe-usa.com/coilovers/...tions.asp?id=6

The specs are above, rates are 6kg/mm front, 4kg/mm rear, which is fairly soft i know, but I want to keep some comfort.

The Skunk2's im looking at are the Pro S model, im pretty sure theyre a bit stiffer but the site doesnt seem to offer exact specs. I have emailed them to ask, but unless there is a huge difference in spring rates, it wont affect my decision much.

The main point in question is that the skunk2's are $250 cheaper, which is good, but I'd be interested to know of anyone who has tried either the tanabes or the skunk2's and has an opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    the tanabe's arent damper adjustable are they? ive got skunk2's and the rates are 8 and 6 and its harsh, a lot of adjustment in height but no damper adjustment but then again they r only basic, where r u getting these from btw? i wish i had saved the extra cash and got sumtihng damper adjustable but oh well
    ...LS...

rmb, the jap tanabe's usually have a slightly harder spring rate than the US model.

K-sports FTW!

Serious tho, i'm runnin K-sports now and they're insanely good. I feel like its a totally different car.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by doonbar View Post
    where r u getting these from btw?
    im getting them from trav, egsi on this forum.
    youre right theyre not damper adjustable, which does suck a bit.

the problem with the k sport ones is cost - theyre $350 more than the tanabes, and 600 more than the skunk2's...

But they're comparable to coilovers that are around the 2500 - 3000 mark.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    But they're comparable to coilovers that are around the 2500 - 3000 mark.
    yeah i didnt mean to imply that they were poor value, just that im not building the ultimate car, so am looking at more basic stuff. i could spend a fair bit more on them, but i just dont see the value in it

Yeah man, i can understand that.

It just depends what you're after in your car i guess. I'm not building the ultimate car, i just want a car that handles extremely well. (no turbo conversion or K-swap for me :P)

What are you looking for out of your car?

The way i see it, if your looking to go fast, the corners are where you'll get your speed.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    go the k-sports imo.

i was doin similar research and i found them to be best bang for buck.

i don't know anyone using tanabe's but i've spoken to a few people with skunk2's and while the feedback wasn't teribble it certainly wasn't good.

i've asked a few people about k-sports and have not heard a single bad word against them
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan