Member Array
    Car:
    not a honda

Coilovers or Springs for 06 civic

well just want to know your opnions on this topic. i have a 06 civic and am deciding to lower my car about 30mm (1 inch). and was deciding whether i should go springs or coilovers. mainly for street use and maybe 1 once or twice a year on the track if im lucky.

coilovers - adjustable and will probably last longer in the long run (as i plan to keep the car for a long time. Tein, D2, G4 and any other brands?

spirngs- not sure which brand makes springs for my car yet but only eibach that i know of. will the skunk2 coilovers for the american civics fit our civics?

your thoughts people?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    if your are not on tight budget, get coilover

if you want height and damper adjustability (most coilovers have this function) then get coilovers.

if you want height adjustability with springs, you'll be looking at ground control sleeves. if you want damper adjustabilty with springs, you'll need to get a sports shock capable of that when matched with sprigns, i.e. koni yellows.

if you plan to track, then get the coilover system - a good one. sprigns alone will over time make your ride worse when your stock shocks wear out. So either, get
    - spring/shock combo OR
    - fully adjustable coilover kit

both approx ~$1500 upwards
    Last edited by SiReal; 29-01-2007 at 09:21 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    not a honda
    Have u heard of G4 coilovers? ive done a search and coundn't really find much info about them

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....7195&rd=1&rd=1

nup never. maybe pm trav, egSi. he might have a set of Ksports for your car. apparently they are much better than D2s and match up to coilovers in the $3K range (as said by a fellow member who is using them).

ppl claim they are the same as D2s, but there is no proof to back this up AT ALL.

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    oh wrd!