Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    cw dc5r

Eibach Sportline Springs

just wondering if anyone out there has used Eibach Sportline Springs to lower their ek civic or other honda?

do these springs offer much of a drop and how do they handle

would appreciate pics/comments

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    awesome springs. uneven drop.
    hands down, its proabably one of the best springs out there.

but they should be matched to aftermarket shocks..

if yoou can get a good deal on them let me know cause i also want a set but am only a poor man
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    yes they are good and really popular

not cheap tho
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CiviC
    Yeah but is any decent quality item for the car ever cheap?

What other handling mods have you got or are you planning for your car. Running any swaybars? If so, what size? And as Blitz mentioned, are you running aftermarket shocks? It'll probably feel really unpleasant if you keep the stock shocks not to mention wear them out faster and give poor handling.
    Project Civic777 - obsession for achievement

Member Array
    Car:
    cw dc5r
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ View Post
    awesome springs. uneven drop.
    hands down, its proabably one of the best springs out there.

but they should be matched to aftermarket shocks..

if yoou can get a good deal on them let me know cause i also want a set but am only a poor man
    hey blitz, wat do u mean uneven drop? like my wheels will at different heights???

what shocks do u kno are good? coz ive been calculating the cost of new springs and new shocks works out to be the almost the price of coilovers? might as well get coilovers?

Member Array
    Car:
    cw dc5r
    Quote Originally Posted by muhhan View Post
    Yeah but is any decent quality item for the car ever cheap?

What other handling mods have you got or are you planning for your car. Running any swaybars? If so, what size? And as Blitz mentioned, are you running aftermarket shocks? It'll probably feel really unpleasant if you keep the stock shocks not to mention wear them out faster and give poor handling.
    hey muhhan, well im getting the eibachs really just for cosmetic purposes but also so its not the worse ride quality as ive heard with kings superlows.

what swaybars/tie bars do u recommend and where to buy in Melbourne - in terms of handling im not fussed. if it ABSOLUTELY improves handling by heaps ill get it.....if not than its just $$$ i can spend on other stuff.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CiviC
    civicek4, yep I'd agree that the Eibachs are a much higher quality than the Kings. If you have the chance go on one of the Melbourne cruises and see if you can ride shotgun with someone who has a similar setup to what you're looking at getting. That way you can get a feel for what your set up might be like.

As for swaybars and where to get them - I don't know where in Melbourne as I'm in Adelaide. I don't even know where to get them in Adelaide as I bought mine from other Ozhonda members (check the 'for sale' section). You will definitely notice the car sits much flatter through the turns especially if you like to push the car a little. You already have swaybars on your car (as you have ek4) so it would be a matter of upgrading your current ones. I don't know how much improvement you will get as my car didn't have swaybars at all originally. Whiteline make a good product with a lot of R&D, however they are notorious for ripping subframes out. Others have run the Civic Type R swaybars, ASR kits, Comptech kits. It would be worth doing a bit of searching on google to see if others have had issues with these other swaybars. You may also want to check the availability of some of these kits in Australia.

In the end, it's entirely up to you what you want to modify and in what order. You may prefer to focus more of your effort and money on cosmetic changes or handling or power, so set some priorities for yourself to help you make decisions on what to modify and when to modify.
    Project Civic777 - obsession for achievement

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by civicek4 View Post
    hey blitz, wat do u mean uneven drop? like my wheels will at different heights???

what shocks do u kno are good? coz ive been calculating the cost of new springs and new shocks works out to be the almost the price of coilovers? might as well get coilovers?
    The rear sits higher than rear..

shocks to get would be koni sports..

proabably a set of koni shocks and eibach would be around 1400mark... they would probabaly be better than 80% of the coilovers on the market.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by civicek4 View Post
    hey muhhan, well im getting the eibachs really just for cosmetic purposes but also so its not the worse ride quality as ive heard with kings superlows.
    I would not spend $500 for cosmetic springs.. + eibach sports is deisgned for new shocks... prokit for oem

Member Array
    Car:
    cw dc5r
    so i should go eibach pro-kit? but they are not much of a drop.

then wat u r saying then i shouldnt get eibachs sportlines if im not gonna get new shocks, then what should i go for cosmetic purposes? kings superlows?

i heard really poor things about them. please advise.

I have the King superlows with the koni yellows. The front koni's are set to the highest and the rear shocks are set to the middle setting. Sits really even and handles really well. I am really keen on a set of the eibachs as well, but don't know much about them. Which one gives the lowest drop and which one handles the best? also what are the estimated drop each will give?????????

I am pretty keen to get a better handling spring as i have heard the eibachs are top quality stuff
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    Cheapest Civic 06, E90
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ View Post
    The rear sits higher than rear..

shocks to get would be koni sports..

proabably a set of koni shocks and eibach would be around 1400mark... they would probabaly be better than 80% of the coilovers on the market.
    Yeah... rear sits higher in mine as well.. still waiting for the aftermarket shockies.. drives hard.. but not bumpy at all..