Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    well hey all... iam just wondering overall which is better....?
    and wats the differences?

btw iam a newbie....

Which is better? I assume you're referring to the EK...

I personally love the Coupe. The shape is awesome and when you modify them they look stunning. The hatch is nice too, they are perfect to mod for the race track, but the Coupe can handle just as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    i reckon the coupe has a better exterior, looks nicer but the hatch's styling does grow on u, however the coupe's got ugly flat seats, hatch has much better ones and sunroof standard

but as long as its got a b16a under the hood, thats all that matters heheheh

Quote Originally Posted by luzinit

but as long as its got a b16a under the hood, thats all that matters heheheh
    hehe help me on codes... i dont know them.... B16A?

Here's a start for info on the Civic models...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4

There's been heaps of discussion on engine swaps etc on this forum so check other posts, lots of info already on B16A's etc...

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Personally, even though i am a sedan boy myself, id go the hatch. I just dont like the styling of the coupe, its probably cuase i have seen way to many riced up ones round UNSW...
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

yeh iam prob going for the hatch....
    but chu guys reckon VTi-R is the next best thing after Type-R rite?

wat about the SiR version? is that any different in performace wise 2 the VTi-R?

go the hatch! coupe just looks wrong if you keep it stock. at least a hatch looks alright stock.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    SiR is a JDM tuned b16a. Bit of performance diff, probably only really comparable ona dyno though, it'd be a drivers race.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    b16a is the dohc vtec engine that came in the vtirs, hatch n coupe.. hehe

sir is jap equivalent of the vtir hatch, except its got 170hp instead of 160hp due to fuel n emission regulations or something.. ?? not much diff tho, so yeh, in australia ur looking at only the civic vtir hatch 96-98 or civic vtir coupe 98 - 01 i think, or 98-00, something like that..

go the hatch!! going prices start abt 16k, where as the coupe u'll prolly find are about 20k +

i say coupe
    フジタエンジニアリング

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 civic coupe
    comon now thats an easy sway for the coupe. How many do you see of the vtir coupe compared to the hatch on the road. The hatch just looks like any other cxi or gli. The coupe has that sexy sleek look even when stock. and performance wise well both have an angry B16A under the hood. but in apperance wise. Go the coupe, if you can find one? :wink: