Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Honda Australia can dream about 100K sales, it'll never happen ha... ha I tell you... ha... try the year 2020 before we hit that :P
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    The new Civic hatch would do very well here imo, why cant they simply manufacturer them in Thailand instead of just Britain?
    Because Thailand is already building the Civic and Accord sedans, Jazz and maybe the CRV as well (they need to build a new production line if they want to produce more models).

Also, the Civic hatch was UK designed, so it's made there. Just like how the Falcon & Commodore are Oz designed and built here. Would you manufacture your own "exclusive" design in a country other than here?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by honda ad

"if honda does not race there is no honda"
    lol - now they won't even have a true sports car for a couple of years? kinda ironic... though i heard rumours about the CTR comming here

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Because Thailand is already building the Civic and Accord sedans, Jazz and maybe the CRV as well (they need to build a new production line if they want to produce more models).

Also, the Civic hatch was UK designed, so it's made there. Just like how the Falcon & Commodore are Oz designed and built here. Would you manufacture your own "exclusive" design in a country other than here?
    Surely Brazil or even Japan could manufacturer them.

The Euro was a UK design wasnt it? That one spread all over the world.
    .© ♪

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    If they want to sell over 100,000 cars, then they should do it the Toyota way. Do fleet sales...
    2 words COMMERCIAL VEHICLES

in the top 5 selling manufacturers in aus honda is the only one not making any form of commercial vehicle.... hence it lagging behind mazda.
    all the locally made manufacturer sales are going down, honda's is steadily going up while mazda is slowing creeping up (according to latest figures i've seen)

we really need to get our type r's back. ITR not gonna happen, in fact you'll struggle to find any dc5 still available NEW. CTR is a definite possibility, i need to try and dig some more info outta the tech guys at honda hq next time i speak to em .
    but yeah if we dont get the ctr's we need k20 jazzes...... or SOMETHING!!

pretty sure the new 07's are made in thailand. also there has been talk of civic production in thailand, but haven't heard any rumours on that one for a while =/
    Last edited by panda[cRx]; 31-01-2007 at 07:50 PM.
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Earth, Milky Way
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro (LUX)

Unhappy

O...M...G...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    honda is officially considering new cars the most boring jap brand next to nissan... but i guess $$$ is a better option than catering for a niche market... i just wish they would stop the "power of dreams" slogan with formula one cars zooming past.

Mazda i suppose is the new most "exciting" marque with teh whole zoom zoom thing... Toyota is apparently making a bid of teh "exciting" too with the introduction of TRD variants of vehicles throughout this year...

Mitsu also

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra DC5S
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............
    So should i feel proud owning the last gen integra type s?
    As much as i want to keep it because its going to be the last honda sport coupe for a while, im selling it o_O So does it mean the price of the type s going to be more valuable now?

Btw, im sad now because since ever i bought the integra, i love honda and their sports car.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by **Ghost** View Post
    honda is officially considering new cars the most boring jap brand next to nissan... but i guess $$$ is a better option than catering for a niche market... i just wish they would stop the "power of dreams" slogan with formula one cars zooming past.

Mazda i suppose is the new most "exciting" marque with teh whole zoom zoom thing... Toyota is apparently making a bid of teh "exciting" too with the introduction of TRD variants of vehicles throughout this year...

Mitsu also
    i gotta disagree there...

it's been said from both the media and public over recent years that toyota is BLAND and boring so they would have to hold the #1 boring spot

mazda's recent range has given their sales a shot in the bum. they have cars competing with the jazz, civic and even the euro atm. they even have the 'MPS' vehicles. they are stealing sales from honda as:
    1) doesn't have anything sporty and
    2) honda can't/won't bring enough civics into australia to meed demand, so many people are going to buy mazda 3's. not many people looking to buy a new car are willing to wait 3-4months when a similar option can be picked up the same day.

honda just has the same lineup as the last few years (minus anything sporty), with the only new vehicles being the civic and the crv. honda again won't be supplying enough crv's to meet demand so that will be more sales lost imho.
    gay

having said that i'd still prefer vehicles from the current honda range over anything else jap made (bar the evo or maybe an liberty gt ).
    Last edited by panda[cRx]; 01-02-2007 at 06:58 AM.

I agree that Mazda is the most "exciting" atm.

Having they new Rx-8 has made everyone turn and look and i just saw on tv a new ad for the CX7. Dunno what it is but its a hatch (hopefully rotory), and should sell well because its got the same styling as the RX8, which most people love, and the fact that its aimed at family's. I dunno what the performance is like yet tho.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    cx7 is a lux 4wd. i'm guessing halfway between the crv and the mdx?

ahh ok cool. It looked like a 4 door hatch/wagon thingo. (i only caught the last few seconds of it).

I actually thought it was another RX8 but then it said CX7. I think your right about it being between the CRV and MDX