Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx] View Post
    i gotta disagree there...

it's been said from both the media and public over recent years that toyota is BLAND and boring so they would have to hold the #1 boring spot

mazda's recent range has given their sales a shot in the bum. they have cars competing with the jazz, civic and even the euro atm. they even have the 'MPS' vehicles. they are stealing sales from honda as:
    1) doesn't have anything sporty and
    2) honda can't/won't bring enough civics into australia to meed demand, so many people are going to buy mazda 3's. not many people looking to buy a new car are willing to wait 3-4months when a similar option can be picked up the same day.

honda just has the same lineup as the last few years (minus anything sporty), with the only new vehicles being the civic and the crv. honda again won't be supplying enough crv's to meet demand so that will be more sales lost imho.
    gay

having said that i'd still prefer vehicles from the current honda range over anything else jap made (bar the evo or maybe an liberty gt ).
    Don't get me wrong toyota is still borign atm... but consider the future and the way they are going with the push for TRD in australia and it sounds sweet.

Nissan in australia is a mostly 4wd affair... aside from 350z, they make nothing worth owning in australia.

But yes, mazda is the best today i reckon... having driven sp23 (lets not even compare mps) mazda 3s and civic sport... mazda 3 seems so much mroe of a sparts car..

Member Array
    Car:
    Not a Honda anymore.
    That's great!! Leaves the way open for me to start importing CTR's!
    Competition Systems
    Motorsport Electronics
    Magneti Marelli, Jenvey and Digitek Corse
    Melbourne, Australia
    www.compsystems.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    ^ lol thats a good point.

Has anyone imported an Acura from the U.S? Ive never seen one on the road..
    .© ♪

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro Std
    I could not believe my eyes when I read this article, not because I am Honda lunatic (that too), but from simple business logic!!! Honda was always a sports car brand, its part in F1 racing and other events grew its image as innovative and forward looking companies. Now - with no sports car presence on the OZ market and cars coming from Thailand, I think Honda's CEO is very naive that they will be selling 80000 cars a year in OZ!!! It is so bizzare - Toyota is trying its hardest to establish itself in the niche where Honda ruled for last 25 years and Honda seems to vocate this position without a battle

Very Sad!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    CE Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenVBeden View Post
    Hello, I am Helen!.
    And even though this my first post here, I for a long time on this forum www.ozhonda.com I'm not sure if this should go here or in the GENERAL DISCUSS section,
    so if it's in the wrong place, my apologies (and can someone move it please! EXCUSE uneducated girl). I just loved this topic.
    Honestly we should start some movement or society. Anyway I'm also one of those people who enjoy to discuss "http://www.ozhonda.com".
    In my opinion it would be a lot better to get some fact into our STUFF. I'll glad read all new information about this topic
    Thanks a lot..!!
    Helen V. Beden.
    SPAMBOT????

On another note.

Has anyone here actually considered what the guy in the opening post was saying?( the artical that is).

If they are able to compete with the larger 4 companies they are going to have to ramp up production and sales.
    To do this they are going to have to create a market that fills the voids.

You will notice that currently both Holden and Ford are starting to push their smaller cars. The reason for this is that the larger car market is becoming too expensive to justify.
    This means that as the stability of these cars as fleet cars becomes under pressure other car makers can fill them voids. Thus honda can wiggle itself into the fleet market.

Notice also that the police are starting to drop the commodores and falcons as their standard cop cars for the new Toyota Aurion.
    Mainly due to the car having a stable future and proven production/sales history (lets face it V8s are a thing of the past).

Another interesting thing that you may want to take into consideration is that Mitsubishi is pretty much only held up by the Lancer brand of cars in Australia. Because the 380 is the kind of car you wouldn't piss on if it was on fire. And don't get me started on the Colt.
    As Mitsi start closing down local production you will notice that their fleet car sales will also leave a gap in the market. Resulting in another place that Honda could possible pick up sales.

But as we all know unless people are prepared to PAY for premium cars they are not built. How many of you guys out there have bought a (example sake) EG civic breeze. Then spent another crap load on it to make it into the top of the range SI?? The cost of the conversion, suspension, extras etc all add up. Say all up it cost you $25k. If you could have picked up a new model type-R civic for that same price would you have done so??

The reason i bring this up is that this is part of the reason why we do not get the performance cars here. People are prepared to spend that extra cash on their 15 year old car and do it up instead of buying a new hypo car.

1. because there is none in the Honda market really

and

2. because the ones there is are WAY overpriced.

On that argument what happened to the days when Honda's were CHEAP hi-po cars that would run on nothing, stood out from the crowd (new civic looks a lot like new lancer) and were known for their awesome drivability and not because they were driven by the blue haired brigade*.

ok think that was enough of a tangent for one post

*average age of a honda driver is 50+
    See a good post? - PQ it

What is it that keeps drawing me back to Hondas??

Member Array
    Car:
    Not a Honda anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_the View Post
    I could not believe my eyes when I read this article, not because I am Honda lunatic (that too), but from simple business logic!!! Honda was always a sports car brand, its part in F1 racing and other events grew its image as innovative and forward looking companies. Now - with no sports car presence on the OZ market and cars coming from Thailand, I think Honda's CEO is very naive that they will be selling 80000 cars a year in OZ!!! It is so bizzare - Toyota is trying its hardest to establish itself in the niche where Honda ruled for last 25 years and Honda seems to vocate this position without a battle

Very Sad!!!
    This guy will do what most CEO's do. Come in, wave his arms around, make a great big mess and leave for his next 7-figure-salary-position.

I don't know how most of these guys get any employment.............
    Competition Systems
    Motorsport Electronics
    Melbourne, Australia
    www.compsystems.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    Not a Honda anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenVBeden View Post
    Hello, I am Helen!.
    And even though this my first post here, I for a long time on this forum www.ozhonda.com I'm not sure if this should go here or in the GENERAL DISCUSS section,
    so if it's in the wrong place, my apologies (and can someone move it please! EXCUSE uneducated girl). I just loved this topic.
    Honestly we should start some movement or society. Anyway I'm also one of those people who enjoy to discuss "http://www.ozhonda.com".
    In my opinion it would be a lot better to get some fact into our STUFF. I'll glad read all new information about this topic
    Thanks a lot..!!
    Helen V. Beden.
    LOL, I've heard of them but I've never seen one before!!
    Competition Systems
    Motorsport Electronics
    Melbourne, Australia
    www.compsystems.com.au

I knew you guys would be interested in this article as soon as I read it on Drive yesterday...

Soichiro Honda would be turning in his grave right now.

I would strongly consider buying either a Civic Type R or Euro R if they were sold here, but since that doesn't seem likely to happen, I will be taking my business to VW for a Golf GTi/R32 very shortly.

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    Honda australia have always sucked

nuff said

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dxs View Post
    Honda australia have always sucked

nuff said
    http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au...hp?carID=51882

my next car. Once it becomes available, and insurance companies know what it is. Should be about next year.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury
    the civic hatch is a must..and damn the old style civic hatch is still hot...
    Honda the power of wet dreams

I'm all for honda but so far they're spending more money of a friggin robot then what they are on the aussie market.