Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363 ... LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by ks_b View Post
    yea that exactly what i wanna get!! also slim number plates

do i just tell him this is the list of accessories i want and ask how much he can give me? or do i just with the price i willing to spend and keep asking for more accessories?

i don't don't mind paying 25k if he willing to throw in 5 yrs warranty
    Put everything you want in a list (including warranty, slim premium plates and full tank of fuel). Go to the dealer, check the car out, tell him it is a nice car and you are in the market to buy a car today (i.e. ready to sign the dotted line today). Ask for a test drive. Tell him your price (which is say 22k if your limit is 25k). Then he will say too cheap and list out the RRP for each accessory. Then you ask him what is his price. Then he will try to push it back to you and not give a number other than RRP. Then after more empty talk, he should ask you what is the highest price you can offer. Then you say $23500 (for example). If he likes it, he will go to the "back room to talk to the manager".

Once you get it, he will ask for a deposit to secure the car. Tell him $50. Then if you decide to forfeit because of personal reasons, you're only out of pocket by $50. Heck, go $100 if you have to. But don't go too much, you don't want to lose a crazy amount. Some ppl put 5% of the car price, which I think is stupid. $50 is all you need. It is just a "gesture" that you are commited to the sale.

Remember, always be ready to walk out if you don't get your price. If your max is 25k, and he offers 25.5k and no lower, you walk.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Thanks aaronng,

so when i first tell him the price i should show him what accessories i want too right?

i am really happy that i found ozhonda haha. i thought i have to pay at least 25k for auto vti without any accessory since RRP of vti is 23,790 + stamp duty and all that!!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Thanks aaronng,

so when i first tell him the price i should show him what accessories i want too right?

i am really happy that i found ozhonda haha. i thought i have to pay at least 25k for auto vti without any accessory since RRP of vti is 23,790 + stamp duty and all that!!
    List all the accessories you want first before talking price. Make you get don't forget anything. Don't let them mislead you by showing you how much the accessories RRP prices are. RRP is RRP, the cost price is much lower. Only talk about driveaway price. That is all you are interested in. Oh and don't get tricked into getting the paint protection.

aaronng... is it ok to open the price less than the RRP on Honda website?

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

why?? Paint protection bad for the car or you can get it done somewhere else for cheaper?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    aaronng... is it ok to open the price less than the RRP on Honda website?
    Of course. back in 2004, RRP was $34500 for the Euro. I opened at $33000 driveaway without accessories. Of course the salesperson didn't like the number. Eventually we settled at $34000 driveaway with floormats, mudflaps, slimline plates and tank of 95 RON fuel.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    why?? Paint protection bad for the car or you can get it done somewhere else for cheaper?
    It is too expensive at the dealer. They want $800-900 for it, but they send the car out to get it applied. Find out the place they use and you can have the same thing, including the warranty for under $300. It is basically a sealant.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Of course. back in 2004, RRP was $34500 for the Euro. I opened at $33000 driveaway without accessories. Of course the salesperson didn't like the number. Eventually we settled at $34000 driveaway with floormats, mudflaps, slimline plates and tank of 95 RON fuel.
    bleh! I will remember next time I purchase another new vehicle...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 8th gen civic vti
    are you sure ,that sounds crazy
    Is it manual or auto?
    what are the accessories?
    where did u get it?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Vti

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Double R View Post
    I got my Civic VTI for 19k driveaway
    LOL... really now?? And What happened to your FN2R that you got for 36k driveaway? Do you even drive a honda? lol..

never believe what double R said... -_-" and he bought a 36k FN2R becoz he just realise that he got ripped off when he purchase one for $43,500 on July last year... XD

Member Array
    Car:
    09 jazz
    and i thinking does he even own a Honda, or just day dream all the time at the bed.