Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Coupe9;N360;CRX

Honda Coupe 9s not just on gran turismo!!!

Hello guys, Name is James aka JMSBND. Live in SE Vic on Mornington Peninsula. Here is my 1972 Honda coupe 9s. Air cooled, dry sump, all aluminium engine, 4 wheel independent suspension, 3 spot fron dics brakes, quad caburettor, forged internals, makes around 130hp and revs to 9000rpm. I have had tegs, crx and delsol/crx but this is the most fun and it sure gets looks. I am restoring it as a classic race car in mid 2007. Hope you guys like it!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	116e.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	4002   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	958d.jpg 
Views:	651 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	4003   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c98a.jpg 
Views:	591 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	4004   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cd1a.jpg 
Views:	698 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	4005  

H0ly m0ly i've nevr seen this before and mang. i love, abosultely love classic cars!! BAM!

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    LOL omg thats crazy! nice man! best of luck with it! it looks like an alpha
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 VTIS
    looks like a rotor...should swap a rotor in there.....could be a honzda?

its it rwd?
    WTB: [SYD] Cheap Gen 2 CRX (or shell)

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX, Legend & Civic racer
    Please, please don't race this car. Way too rare to butcher it for racing.

Restore it and give it tender loving care. {PS They also made a Coupe 7 model, if memory serves].

Member Array
    Car:
    T80
    nice car man looks great

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Coupe9;N360;CRX
    I mean classic as in hillclimbs, classic rallies ie Bulla sprints and the hillclimb series here in Vic in 2008. It will be as they raced them in the 70's in Japan. They also raced them at Bathurst too. It is FWD and even has a steering damper on the rack and pinion too to try and counter the torque steer at hi rpm LOL! I had to use Mazda RX5 alloys that are a huge 5.5" wide. Big upgrade from the standard 4" steel wheels. They suffer from the rare 4x120 pcd same as gen 1 civic, but hell they are cheap and they are even made by ENKEI haha! Old skool JDM. It has an oil preassure guage but no temp guage-air cooled so oil is also the coolant. With Honda CBR pistons, some bore and stroke mods they make a reliable 170-180hp at around 10,000rpm. The induction roar reminds me of an S2K. It won't be chopped up, think of it as the S800M factory racer you win in Granturismo. The Gen 1 Mugen Civic killed it off but not before they built a mechanical fuel injection 1450cc model called the H145 Coupe JDM only. This coupe 9 is one of only twelve 7s and 9s models known left to exist in Australia. Just 1072 of which 20% were the hipo 9s were exported worldwide from Japan. I guess she is rare. I have a 7s in shit condition for spares. Glad you all liked it!!!

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Coupe9;N360;CRX
    Here it is at Bathurst in 1972. Check the front tyres, punishment! This was only a 7s and it still beats the Mazda and Toyota 1300cc. Brave men back then it reached over 120MPH down conrod straight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bathurst01.jpg 
Views:	551 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	4010   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bathurst02.jpg 
Views:	518 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	4011  

wowow the more i hear about it the more i like it. thats amazing. the bathurst pics. dayum

haha this is really cool

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Odyssey
    Quote Originally Posted by JMSBND View Post
    I mean classic as in hillclimbs, classic rallies ie Bulla sprints and the hillclimb series here in Vic in 2008. It will be as they raced them in the 70's in Japan. They also raced them at Bathurst too. It is FWD and even has a steering damper on the rack and pinion too to try and counter the torque steer at hi rpm LOL! I had to use Mazda RX5 alloys that are a huge 5.5" wide. Big upgrade from the standard 4" steel wheels. They suffer from the rare 4x120 pcd same as gen 1 civic, but hell they are cheap and they are even made by ENKEI haha! Old skool JDM. It has an oil preassure guage but no temp guage-air cooled so oil is also the coolant. With Honda CBR pistons, some bore and stroke mods they make a reliable 170-180hp at around 10,000rpm. The induction roar reminds me of an S2K. It won't be chopped up, think of it as the S800M factory racer you win in Granturismo. The Gen 1 Mugen Civic killed it off but not before they built a mechanical fuel injection 1450cc model called the H145 Coupe JDM only. This coupe 9 is one of only twelve 7s and 9s models known left to exist in Australia. Just 1072 of which 20% were the hipo 9s were exported worldwide from Japan. I guess she is rare. I have a 7s in shit condition for spares. Glad you all liked it!!!
    hi, theyre an awsome car aren't they.
    my old man still has a coupe 9 sitting in his shed. ( hasent been registered since 92) and my uncle and grand father both owned 7s that have now pasted on to a better life,
    the 9 will be on the road again one day

Good to see another rare Honda. And 4carbs! thats sweet. I know a guy whos building an old S convertable, its absolutely mint and revs to 10g's crazy stuff.