Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: 30,000 service

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    ours is 185.
    cheaper if you bring ur own oil.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Not as bad as Holden. They quoted me $290 for a minor service and then told me it was $400 (already printed on the work order) when I was dropping my car off! I complained that I was quoted $290 and they said they would try to do something about it. When I picked the car up, they charged me $290.
    yer proob some profit making scheme...happens in most if not all services/sales...

go buy a tv...ur mate pays 100..u get offered 120..say ur mate paid 100..if they know there in the wrong...usually price drop...sold 100..

profits profit.
    best to call around =] if u dnt want to lose out
    K-series sQuadron | > B-series sQuadron

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    i get my oil change myself, i got the tools n shit to do it and also all the nesessary things to lift my car to do the oil change n all the fluid changes. costs me $55 for oil + filter =).

Member Array
    Car:
    SP20 Skyactiv
    got my 30,000km service done today.. $187 including hire car, but i provided my own oil (Fuch's Semi-Synth).. pretty happy with it all thanks Trivett
    Wanting to find ways of making MILLIONS!

i once walked through the streets of laredo...

Finally got my clutch master cylinder replaced today. No more creak for now. Gear changes still seem a little notchy and the pedal seems a little shorter. Then again i did have 2 beers for lunch so i might be a bit dillusional.

Will the notchiness disappear over time? or do i need to change transmission fluid?

Ah damn my clutch creak is back (Master cylinder replaced 3 weeks ago). should i go back to honda and ask for another? or is the problem going to keep coming back even it the MC is replaced again?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Get them to spray some lube into the area where the clutch rod goes into the firewall or do it yourself. Don't use WD40. Use a proper spray lube or silicone spray.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Get them to spray some lube into the area where the clutch rod goes into the firewall or do it yourself. Don't use WD40. Use a proper spray lube or silicone spray.
    I was thinking about that. I actualli look at where the rod goes into the firewall and its packed with pink grease i think. Mechnically is this creak an issue or just a nuisance? Its not damaging my car is it?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It's probably the internal spring catching against the wall. But I prefer to lube it and not have it creak.

Read somewhere on these forums that the creak is because clutch not disengaging properly and hence causing premature clutch wear. So does simple lubrication fix this?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by insanesam View Post
    Read somewhere on these forums that the creak is because clutch not disengaging properly and hence causing premature clutch wear. So does simple lubrication fix this?
    It's supposedly 2 different issues. One is on the clutch fluid side, and the other is on the push rod side. The clutch fluid side one was a problem with the master cylinder in the 2003 models. Since you have a 2007 master cylinder now, it shouldn't be the problem. Just check where your clutch bite point is. If it doesn't disengage properly, your bite point is at the bottom of pedal travel.

It's supposedly 2 different issues. One is on the clutch fluid side, and the other is on the push rod side. The clutch fluid side one was a problem with the master cylinder in the 2003 models. Since you have a 2007 master cylinder now, it shouldn't be the problem. Just check where your clutch bite point is. If it doesn't disengage properly, your bite point is at the bottom of pedal travel.
    Got my car looked at today. They said its not the master cylinder but rather something with the clutch pedal push rod thing (i didn't quite understand). Basically ordered a new pedal assembly which will be put in next week and hopefully this annoying creak will be gone forever.