Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Has anyone wired up a double din stereo in civic 06?

Hi all,
    Just wanted to know if anyone has replaced the dash in a civic 06 model and replaced the stereo with a double din unit, or possibly with a single din unit. I wouldn't mind putting in a unit that has GPS navigation built in as I'm not a fan of hanging a unit of the windshield.

Thanks,

Fab

Member Array
    Car:
    95 EG Civic B16
    If your after a double din unit try the ECLIPSE AVN6000 which has dvd cd and sat nav all in the one unit.

Cheers Stephen

Member Array
    Car:
    Cheapest Civic 06, E90
    I got the replacement dash from indo.. and brackets can be sourced in melbourne.. if that's what you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Aco3n View Post
    I got the replacement dash from indo.. and brackets can be sourced in melbourne.. if that's what you mean?
    I gather you mean indo as in indonesia? do you have a company name?

Member Array
    Car:
    Cheapest Civic 06, E90
    Quote Originally Posted by fab4272 View Post
    I gather you mean indo as in indonesia? do you have a company name?
    yeah.. got it from one of the dealership in jakarta.. it doesn't come with the brackets though.. and they won't supply with one..

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by fab4272 View Post
    Hi all,
    Just wanted to know if anyone has replaced the dash in a civic 06 model and replaced the stereo with a double din unit, or possibly with a single din unit. I wouldn't mind putting in a unit that has GPS navigation built in as I'm not a fan of hanging a unit of the windshield.

Thanks,

Fab

i'm intrested too...
    see my pic... thats wt i'm looking for.... if ne1 have ne1 idea pls share..

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Isn't that the american Civic interior in your pic?

From memory, the cost and effort of installing the new dash was quite high (for me) and made me avoid it. I'm personally exploring the avenue of an LCD screen which can I stick somewhere (and also remove when necessary), hooked up to one of the newer iPod integration kits which support iPod Video.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    im also looking to put a DD in my dash or some sort of rca out converter.. anyone found anything yeT?
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ51LK
    when bruce banner gets angry and loses it, he turns into the incedible hulk...

...when the incredible hulk gets f*ckin pissed off and loses it, he turns into amurray
    http://images.cainer.net//uploads/peterbrock.jpg
    http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/586...nsigsh7ye2.jpg

Hi

Got a original honda replacement fascia with bracket for around SGD 120 when I went back to Singapore for holidays. The only thing now is finding a headunit to install.

Not sure who can I trust to install the headunit and the new fascia

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    i picked up a audio processer today... going to do the job nicely... it makes the qual better.. and gives u full control over ur chanels and splits ch1,ch2,ch3 3 being sub with its own control.. u can pick them up from northfeild for 499... WORTH IT
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ51LK
    when bruce banner gets angry and loses it, he turns into the incedible hulk...

...when the incredible hulk gets f*ckin pissed off and loses it, he turns into amurray
    http://images.cainer.net//uploads/peterbrock.jpg
    http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/586...nsigsh7ye2.jpg

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by JChen View Post
    Hi

Got a original honda replacement fascia with bracket for around SGD 120 when I went back to Singapore for holidays. The only thing now is finding a headunit to install.

Not sure who can I trust to install the headunit and the new fascia

Are you sure it's that cheap? May I ask where in SG?

Btw on a sidenote, are we allowed to modify the car when it has airbags? I'm not sure how it works when you have to reinstall the dash.

Yup. I got it from Kah Motor which is the Honda dealer in SG. You have to go to the parts department. I got additional honda console from them as well for 80. The console has a anti-open mechanism tat prevents it from accidentally opening when going upslope. Installed an Alpine 9861 and the console below it yesterday. Got the installer to put a hole in the console so that the ipod can be conectted thru that. Alas!...the tweeter fell off today though...

Brought back a "3M" Nomand mat back as well when i was there....
    Got a dust filter for SGD78 from mc well ventures while i was there...kinda ex but was running out of time to be searching for it.