Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What would the 1/4 mile difference between between 15 and 17?

For exact same rim (just diff size), driver and launch etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    i m not too sure coz i don't really like those drags...but i believe u'd get a better launch with 15" but then 17" can help u travel further distance on each gear so helped me get better times in the end....thats how i feel when i do circuit tracking....
    ModBox

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2RRRRRRR
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon DA9R View Post
    i m not too sure coz i don't really like those drags...but i believe u'd get a better launch with 15" but then 17" can help u travel further distance on each gear so helped me get better times in the end....thats how i feel when i do circuit tracking....
    i have to dissagre with that statement regarding 17 helping you travel further. that would only be the case if you increased your profile, but generally when you increase wheel size you decrease your profile. this sould leave you with the same rolling diameter.
    IS motor racing

Quote Originally Posted by SiR CRX View Post
    Sex Spec reminds me of Paris Hilton.

She's worth a lot of money but still looks like cheap trash....

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    i was only guess...but if u r comparing 17" and 15"...depending on the tyres...there are still gonna be difference...
    ModBox

yeah the gearing will only be changed if the profile of the tyres is smaller on the 15 inch ..

15 would be best for straight line, simply coz of weight and diameter of the rim.

16's for a dc2 is best for track apparently, according to track experts. don't ask me why, they just said they got faster times with 16's.
    edit: oh btw, thats with a 205 tyre.

and 17's... well they would look cool , maybe go orite in corners with the low profile tyres.
    Last edited by preludacris; 11-02-2007 at 03:15 AM.

One tip about 16's. If you're picky about the tyre, you'll have a hard time getting tyres that fit.

Note: most 205/45/16's are the incorrect load rating. That is. 83W. DC2R's require 86W (sticker on the chassis)

Only 215/45/16 has that load rating.

Based on tyre choice - Optimal set up -> 15's on Stock

17's if you have a ATS Final Drive (because you won't notice the difference if you have one

The above applies to semi-slicks as well.

euGeR, thanks, thats exactly what I want to know!!!!!

In 16".

What are my best option for performance tyres?

Is there a wide array of choices in 205/45/16 ??