Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2007 Crv

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarox View Post
    With 80% of all Honda vehicles sold last year in Australia coming from Thailand, there's definitely no choice for Honda afficionados.
    wont be surprised if our children grow up thinking honda is a thai brand.

thats true!

Member Array
    Car:
    ferrari f430 spyder
    The Honda Civic will always be the prefered choice over the Mazda and the Toyota, but, Honda will never sell more cars than Toyota and in terms of market share, Honda is on Mazda's tail. The two reasons why the units of Civic's sold in Australia are not high
    1. World wide demand (To high off a demand)
    2. There is a set amount of cars brought into the country, which will benifit YOU, the owner of a Civic.
    Can you image trying to sell your corolla privately for a fair price...... Good luck, when there is another 100 out for sale which might be the same as yours, only a couple of grands cheaper. And you know what they say " If you can't beat them, join them".

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by 0138 View Post
    The Honda Civic will always be the prefered choice over the Mazda and the Toyota, but, Honda will never sell more cars than Toyota and in terms of market share, Honda is on Mazda's tail. The two reasons why the units of Civic's sold in Australia are not high
    1. World wide demand (To high off a demand)
    2. There is a set amount of cars brought into the country, which will benifit YOU, the owner of a Civic.
    Can you image trying to sell your corolla privately for a fair price...... Good luck, when there is another 100 out for sale which might be the same as yours, only a couple of grands cheaper. And you know what they say " If you can't beat them, join them".

one of the best posts i have read! remember, Honda dont sell Commercial cars at all like mazda and toyota do!
    THey also dont sell govnmt and massive fleet cars like the others do!
    Bloody good point bout the corolla, there are so many X fleet cars for sale its not funny!

Great post once again
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    mods pls delete this, lol was doin a re post
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8-CRV-Euro
    There's a double spread article in today's (Friday) Herald Sun in the Cars Guide section. Not a bad article...but have to drive the car to get a better idea.

The writer gave it 80/100 (but he drove the basic model) compared to:

82/100 for the Rav4,
    78/100 for the Suzuki Vitara,
    76/100 for the Nissan X-Trail and
    74/100 for the Subaru Forester

Can't remember what the CX-7 was rated...it was in last weeks Cars Guide review. But these are only his personal opinions.

I was so glad to find this forum as I was interested to know what others think of the car. Instead of intelligent discussions about the aspects of the car, the forum has been hijacked by a few very self concious people with preconceived and prejudiced views.

Once upon a time, cars made in japan were crap, apparently (no first hand experience). Korean cars were crap when they first appeared, now vastly improved. Now the Chinese made cars' turn. Australian cars are no different. Thai built cars are good, their exacting standards may not be as high as the Japanese ones, but not far off the mark. My South African built car is as good as the German ones.

Japanese car maker cannot afford to not build cars all over the world to protect themselves from currency movements and competition. I agree that the Thai built cars ought to be more competitively priced, but the market will fix that sooner or later.

Being in the market for a CRV sized car, I have just driven one. I found the car very quiet, smooth, well built and spacious. Engine a little weak for the car. The Rav4 was perkier, but noisier and less refined, but still smooth. Built just as well as the CRV despite being "made in Japan". The Captiva was quite good too, although is was much less refined and the steering wheel needing too many turns (slow) and that was a pain. Rolls around too much. Otherwise it was rather good value.

Someone mentioned a V6 Rav4, really?? When will this arrive? The new Kluger would be nice, but it would be too large for us. The Rav4 with a V6...wow, that would do the trick . How about a 3 litre CRV??

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude/Odyssey
    Quote Originally Posted by nexace View Post
    There's a double spread article in today's (Friday) Herald Sun in the Cars Guide section. Not a bad article...but have to drive the car to get a better idea.

The writer gave it 80/100 (but he drove the basic model) compared to:

82/100 for the Rav4,
    78/100 for the Suzuki Vitara,
    76/100 for the Nissan X-Trail and
    74/100 for the Subaru Forester

Can't remember what the CX-7 was rated...it was in last weeks Cars Guide review. But these are only his personal opinions.
    wow 78 for the vitara! go suzuki!

i liked the new CRV... untill i saw it in the carpark today. front was hideous in real life. was the bar type grille
    Indicating when no one is around is like talking to yourself

I dunno where the u came from, probably the "U" key on the keyboard but im skeptical

Quote Originally Posted by phily View Post
    wow 78 for the vitara! go suzuki!

i liked the new CRV... untill i saw it in the carpark today. front was hideous in real life. was the bar type grille
    IMO the interior is very nice.
    But the styling is terrible, especially the front.
    Subaru just updated the aweful front of the Tribeca.
    Will we see one for the CRV soon?

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    had the new CRV when i send my car in for servicing, have to say.. the ride is quite good...

found the fit and finish a bit un-honda, especially the interior.. the ceiling is lined with some rather soft board, a light press is enough to leave a dent in the area just above the rear view mirror.

dash design is good, but the fit can be better... noticed the driver's side gap with the door is about 1 finger thick, while the gap with the left door is about half its size. the CX7's interior fit is better, though a bit basic.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRV 2011
    on the weekend just past the wife and i test drove:
    Mazda Cx7
    Nissan Murano
    New gen CRV
    Both of us found the crv was easiest and the nicest to drive, best visibilty, seat position also least amount of blind spots, quality of finish inside and out all 3 cars were on par (murano dash clusters looked shite yellow dials!?!)
    On the down side for crv it had the least amount of power in that company that being said it was the best value of out the lot features wise.
    So the next addition to the garage will be the new crv and i have no worries in quality of finish despite the fact they are made in Thailand, the last car i used to have an MY03 Subaru liberty (current shape b4 face lift) made in Japan however had loads with quality issues bad enough for me to trade it off after a year, so far to date i havent read of any one with a Thai built Honda on this forum had as many issues with the subie i had...

One Melbourne dealer just advertised the manual CRV for $31,490 DRIVEAWAY (excludes $300 for metallic paint). Why is the new CRV being discounted when it has just been released three months ago ?