Hey all, i got a 83 accord n have $500 to play with . i wanna get a turbo on it. I was told i should get a turbo off a small car like a ET pulsar or EXA n modify it but im not sure how to go about it. i was told i needa rebuild teh engine n stuff?? To save money, id liek to try do it myself. Any help is appreciated

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    cb7
    haha sorry cant help ya but only can support ya, GO FOR IT MAN, TURBO CHARGE IT hehehehe i use to have an 83 accord as well, i miss it! Hondamatic! =)

hehehe... $500 to play with!!

Times that by 10 and your half way to a turbo honda

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Exi
    you want to do it yourself? Yet you come across as having no idea on what to do? ummm....good luck?

You've either been misinformed by someone as to how much it costs to do a turbo conversion or you know absolutely stuff all about turbos.

In either case, i suggest you do some research. $500 in most cases will only get you a crap second hand turbo. Then you have to worry about a manifold, injectors, bigger fuel pump, piggy back or decent aftermarket ECU etc... depending on how hardcore you want to go.

by the way - do you have your licence yet?

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    He is just after a blow-through carby set-up...

The idea came from another thread.