Page 1 of 38 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    The Moving Kind

Operation Engine Makeover

Well as some as you know the civic is having a few issues and now its coming to the time to fix it. I have been saving ever since i got the thing to do this and well i thought well while i do this why not do abit more to get it running to how i want and then I dont have to worry about it :wink:

Current specs:

D16Y4 SOHC
    T3 Turbo (off RB20DET)
    XS Power Intake Manifold
    XS Power Custom Radiator
    XS Power Blow Off Valve
    XS Power 35mm Waste Guage
    XS Power 600x300x76 FMIC
    2" Highflow Exhuast
    Cannon Muffler (2" Inlet 3.5" Outlet)

and now the list of things to come

BUDGET $4500

- Hondata S100
    - Motec 3 bar map sensor
    - RC 750cc injectors (saturated)
    - JE Pistons SRP Forged Pistons
    - Ferrea Valves (Super Alloy)
    - Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
    - Tunning (By APC)
    - Rebuild

$3705.97

the rebuild we are doing ourselves so i will only have to pay for changing gaskets, spark plugs, bottum end kit and small things (more of an engine reconditioning then a rebuild)

The rebuild is set for april when i have holidays but goods should start turning up before then. Just wanted to inform you on where this is heading I am on a pretty tight budget so i cant afford to do anything else really, just want the heart of the car running right and then do the other things later on down the track

Last edited by Aza; 16-02-2007 at 01:03 PM.

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    ****ing awesome

cant wait
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    2" exhaust ? isn't that a bit small for turbs ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Member Array
    Car:
    The Moving Kind
    its not TOO small, it is big enough and obviously with the highflow muffler ect it works better. HOWEVER i do want to change it down the track to around a 2.5 or maybe even 3" highflow. but obviously i cant really fit it in my budget atm. if i can then that will be the next thing to go on becuase i would love for the exhuast gases to get out quicker and let the engine flow better. As i said its on the cards but atm it dont fit in the budget, if it dont get done at the same time it will about a month or two after

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    What computer u running now?
    If any at all
    Ctrl + W

yeah i agree with poid.

cause you'll go like this:

Mods
    Tune
    Exhaust mods
    Re-tune

Payin for the same shit twice mna.

Member Array
    Car:
    The Moving Kind
    as far as the interals are concerned i really dont have to upgrade any of it, i am not putting insane amount of boost through it, the forgies and valves are there only cuase they were a good price. i was looking for cams but wasnt able to get hold of any, but as i said its not needed i just thought while the engine was apart hey why not upgrade a few things, its mainly just to make it a little bit stronger for the few times i turn the boost up to dyno it and drag it. this is more of a daily set up as i have to drive the car 600km a week and more. as far as exhuast goes we will see closer as to how tight my funds are. really it would only cost me 200$ for the whole exhuast as my older brother can build them. so like i said if money is desperately tight then no i wont change it, if i have money spare i will.

You will get more performance/longevity out of the engine by doing the exhaust instead of the valves IMO.

Member Array
    Car:
    The Moving Kind
    yeah i will talk to my bro about it see what he can get me, i'll keep u posted on the exhuast situation

Member Array
    I wouldn't forget about the machining part, like a good honing and then head work. You can't just drop new valves in with out giving them a good surface to seat. Also cleaning. Can't put enough emphasis that. Also get the valves, but also springs, retainers, cams, cam gears, and the rods. But that is just what I would do. It would only be about $1600AUD more. Better to do it right the first time than fix it later down the road. Also balance the rotating mass. Anyways customers calling, have fun and good luck! Cams you might try Crower, if not email them and see if they can custom grind you one.
    Last edited by Slow96GSR; 17-02-2007 at 05:00 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    The Moving Kind
    do what right the first time? like i said its not a drag car its a daily car so im not going to invest 1600$ more on to the engine when i dont need it. i see what ur saying but as i just posted the internals aint reall needed for what im building it for. eventuall after i have taking it on track abit and dragged it it will be getting resprayed and retired pretty much to a show car. i just want a show car thats not all looks. ps if u wanna donate 1600 more be my guest and i will get it done but theres alot more things i wanna do to the car still. in short thats what its getting as well as all the other essentials needed for rebuild and installing them, nothing more as not all of us are rich.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    what colour?