Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro76 View Post
    I think Honda Aust should be considering bringing the CTR 4 door. I heard the Asian market will get it as well, and will be built in Thailand. Despite Australia free trade agreement with Thailand I think CTR 4 door can be brought here and sold it as limited amount at $40k each. Just IMO though
    I seriously hope that they source the 4-door CTR from Japan instead of Thailand if they could. How many of us would be willing to pay for a Thai CTR? It's just odd....
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    If they at least bring the CTR in 4 door, even a Thai built car it would at least be a consolation prize for Honda enthusiasts. I rather see that car here than no car at all.

Of course the Jap built version would be much preferable.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    damn... i was hoping the 5 door would ocme out so i wouldnt have to import an ep3

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by **Ghost** View Post
    damn... i was hoping the 5 door would ocme out so i wouldnt have to import an ep3
    5 door?!

Member Array
    Car:
    None.. yet.
    What the hell is wrong with honda?

See the latest Motor magazine wiht a highlight on the new type R, asking the question "Makes you wonder what honda is playing at?"

All the other manufactures can build a car for a decent price and get it over here... There really is no excuse a large company like Honda cannot make it work...

Its the stupid "we want to be BMW or Merc" image they got going on.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by EG30 View Post
    I reckon if they do end up bringing the CTR from the UK to AUST they would have to sell it for $34990 to $35990 ie very close to the price of the Clio sport. Too close or above the sensitive $40K threshold it's WRX territory. It's fine for the Mazda MPS to get sold in small nos as they have plenty of cooking versions Mazda 3's on the market so the MPS can afford to a be halo/hero model.
    As soon as it is in that price category it is smack hard up against the existing civic sport as well!
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdster View Post
    As soon as it is in that price category it is smack hard up against the existing civic sport as well!
    Nah, it won't be in a similar category. Because the Sport has leather, sunroof and the auto gearbox. They can bring in the CTR at 36k (38k on road) and it'll be ok.

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Look on the positive side, the AU Dollar is at an all time high, even though not as high as we would like against the Euro and the British Pound.

The new CTR is now cheaper than to build than b4 with non Momo steering wheel, non Brembo brakes, non Recaro made sports seats and non titanium sports gear knob. They are being built in greater than ever numbers too over there. And having a torsion beam rear axle instead of indepent rear suspension makes it a lot cheaper to build as well.

Back when they first started building the EP3 CTR in the UK in the early 2000's the AUD was at an all time low against all other currencies and the ITR was being sold here so it was not feasible to bring it over at a price point close to or even above its bigger brother.

I will be surprised if they don't bring in a CTR of one version or another by the year's end. The motoring press won't forgive Honda Aust if they don't at least make a good effort to bring something to our shores; even if it means an almost Type R like the AUDM DC5R.
    Last edited by EG30; 22-02-2007 at 11:08 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    They can bring in the CTR at 36k (38k on road) and it'll be ok.
    I REALLY HOPE SO

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    i wouldnt hit a 4 door CTR... 2 doors too many for a hot hatch...

I rather hit up and evo 8 or 9

but FARK.. if the CTR hatch 2 door comes ill do anything to get it..
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Nah, it won't be in a similar category. Because the Sport has leather, sunroof and the auto gearbox. They can bring in the CTR at 36k (38k on road) and it'll be ok.
    Love to think it's true but it is highly unlikely at 38K is a bargain.

Member Array
    Car:
    None.. yet.
    I think if it does come in, it will be priced at and be direct or just under competition with the golf r32:

These are around 60k