Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyas View Post
    I think if it does come in, it will be priced at and be direct or just under competition with the golf r32:

These are around 60k

What's your source? The R32 is way above the league of the CTR. As much as I like Hondas, I don't think that because of VTEC they beat every other car out there.

The competition of the CTR is the GTI. Not the R32.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    None.. yet.
    hahah source:P my head! i said i think!!

I only mean competition in terms of price.!! at 70k for standard and some how they make a cheaper version i think it may try cut in here..

But i know id buy the r32 before a 60k CTR anyday....

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I see, you were assuming that the CTR would be 60k. My mistake.

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    R32 is in different class. Apart from the price point, it's a heavier and fitted out with luxury equipment.

While the CTR is firmly in the hot hatch class, the R32 is in the "hyper-hatch" or "grown up hot hatch" glass with bigger six cyl with plenty of torque such as the 130i, 147 Gta and its sister car A3 3.2 quattro.

Member Array
    Car:
    None.. yet.
    do agree, but the CTR looks like it might have to compete due to pricing reasons...

I.e. Person A walks into car yard and goes hmm 60 k... r32 or CTR...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Don't believe the way they came up with the 70k fully loaded figure. Over there in UK, an Accord Euro Sport costs AU$47,341. Over here the same car is $37,990. In the UK, the EP3 CTR was only AU$39,666. So the actual price of a CTR based on the difference between the UK Euro Sport and the UK CTR price is............AU$31,834

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9+E36 318 iS Sport
    i was at the dealers on monday and i was told the CTR is due for an august release with a price in the low 40s

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Is that $low $40k's+ ORC or low $40k's on the road?

If you take the retail price of a CTR in the UK and multiply by the EX rate you can simply speculate it's going to be a $60K after duty etc. But Honda Aust won't be paying retail prices.

If the car is priced in the $50k's let alone $60K's they would prob only sell 20-30 qty a mth nationally instead of 100-200 qty per mth nationally or more if they price it in the mid to high $30ks mark. Can't see Honda Aust want to make the CTR such a super niche model, they have to pay for the marketing and sales/services/spare parts support to make it a sound business case.

Niche brand like Alfa Romeo can afford to market a Brera V6 at $85-90Ks on the road that is competing with its own very simliar GT coupe at similar $, as the whole brand is questionable in terms of viability anyway.....Honda Aust is a lot more pragmatic on the other hand.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9+E36 318 iS Sport
    i don't see how it can be in the 50s-60s given none of the type r integras were ever that much. to australians the ctr might be a holy grail that we don't mind overpaying for because we have been denied it for so long but at the end of the day it is just a ctr?

he was pretty vague about it...i didn't clarify with him whether the low 40s included on-road costs. i was just excited about what he said and my mind was already ticking about trading in the euro lol

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by djgarv View Post
    i don't see how it can be in the 50s-60s given none of the type r integras were ever that much. to australians the ctr might be a holy grail that we don't mind overpaying for because we have been denied it for so long but at the end of the day it is just a ctr?

he was pretty vague about it...i didn't clarify with him whether the low 40s included on-road costs. i was just excited about what he said and my mind was already ticking about trading in the euro lol
    It's all a guess, even to them as Honda Australia probably hasn't released info to dealers yet.

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    I believe nothing is definite for now, I've got a mate who works for Rick Damelian said the CTR might be coming to oz, but nothing is certain. He did, however, say Honda is bringing out a new batch of Euro Sports soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 > CL9 > RE4
    I heard that it is possible to get the latest Civic Type R to Australia from Thailand. I forget where I read them tho.

but i think it will be heaps $$$