Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Autos don't have a clutch but keeping the throttle down when shifting is fine. ear.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic RS
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    That's pretty slow, I guess that's why your fuel consumption is higher.
    slow driving especially with auto sucks heaps of juice, your can be rolling at 60ks in 5th, put your foot down alittle and in the time it decides to downshift you have sucks up heaps of juice and it doesnt have enough torque to accelerate in 5th. put your foot down to much and it will drop 2-3 gears and u lauch, sucking up plenty of juice to, theres a happy medium in there some where.

Quote Originally Posted by pxrnm View Post
    correction, I don't think i've ever passed 3k rpm... speed limit is 60kph with lots of 40kph school zone. I just used the auto function and not semi auto...

so it's the terrain+speed limit you reckon?
    3k!?!?!?! its how u drive i think man.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Travelling at 40-60 with lots of stops will consume a lot more fuel than travelling at 60-80 non-stop on a clear road.
    accelerating sucks up heaps of juice, and even more so when in the worng gear!
    |||8|0||0|||5|7||||

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Accord Euro 5AT

Cool

Now that I drive in the city everyday , I always leave the shifter in D and just switch over to "manual mode" when entering the freeway to go home and switch it back to D after overtaking - though I have to wonder why the car's pickup is slow in manual mode( is that dreaded drive by wire or the computer not co-operating? ). I don't keep my foot of the pedal when I upshift , oh and I have a very very heavy right foot (been with me since my P plater days :P) . as for fuel consumption - I see that today that my trip computer cracked 620km on the dial : using Shell V Power fuel and 36psi in both the front and back tyres . I guess it could be able to run to 650km .