When you transplant into an EG.....

(ie: B18C, H22A or K20A etc), would your factory gauges incl fuel level & temp still work with the donor engine's ECU?

Also is there absolutely no room for P/S & A/C if you transplant either one of the engines mentioned above into the EG hatch? ...or do ppl just do it for the sake of saving weight? (Frankly i'm not keen to drive in Melb's hot summer without P/S & A/C lol)

and finally would you need to upgrade the factory fuel pump on the EG if running the stock engine/ECU from the donor front-cut?
    Last edited by JDMJET; 21-02-2007 at 11:16 AM. Reason: updated thread title description

Member Array
    Car:
    Twisted
    factory gauges will still work provided your installer knows what he is doing. The luxuries will depend on how much extra money your willing to pay to get it hooked up.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    gauges will work fine, if done properly.
    p/s and a/c will fit on b series transplants.
    and with the h22a transplant, i think it's either you get a/c or p/s, you can't have both.
    K20A, may need some custom fabricating, hoses, etc, in order for it to work.
    the standard fuel pump should be good enough, if your running a standard ecu, and basic mods.
    Last edited by aaronng; 21-02-2007 at 11:24 AM. Reason: test.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra
    yep as above. for B-series it's easy to have AC and PS. But with H and K it's still possible to have both just need some fab work.

Yep with gauges it should all work if the installer does it right.
    Toda Built D-SERIES Fo LiFe!

Civic + Chromies + D-series + Turbo = Subwoofer Sick

My kill list:
    GTR's, STi's,V8 commo's, TT Supra's, R1 Bikes, F1 Cars AND JDM-70Y. I don't need no timeslip YO!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 B16A
    i think yonas in the EGK20A hadda s2000 gauge cluster...

does that just slot right in???

or do you need to modify the dash??

i woodnt mind that in my EG and the START button...
    Got an old Videogame console, handheld, games and accessories. PM me! I want them

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    s2k cluster needs to be modded 1st.

start button is easy. look in the diy section