Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    and the car ive posted is a what engine?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Its the Civic VTi with the 1.6L SOHC VTEC 96kw

If you want the DOHC with no VTEC, you need to find a Civic Si
    .© ♪

if the car could be reduced down to 5 k, would itt be a reasonable deal?

ive searched the major car sellers, carsales carpoint etc. most of the civics are around 6-7k and mid 90's with around 190 000 + km. and theyre private sellers. mine should sound better compared to them right?

mm just a questioin, how do u know its a VTI with vtec? lol, u either know ur cars or u work with them :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Its a 1992 model so yes $5000 is reasonable.

Plus its almost done 200,000km so you are up for an expensive Service, including a new Timing belt which will cost $400-$600 to replace.
    .© ♪

it still has about 10 k km left? lol, so overall the opinion of the car is?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    There are many variables, for instance the gearbox could be in bad shape and need a recondition which is very expensive ($2000+), or the engine may be giving out smoke requiring a recondition.

You can get it checked out by the NRMA for a small fee to ensure its in good shape.

I wouldnt pay more than $5000 for it though.
    .© ♪

but yeh, getting it checked out by a motor person shhould be fine and if he says its all good, should be alright. i mean it does look like a doof doof kinda car, but it goes good lol.

if i was to put intake in it, how much damage is that? and wat does it increase?

Member Array
    Car:
    Ferio
    another way to make sure that it's a vti is open the hood. if you say vtec on the engine, then it's a vti model. the si model which is dohc has a different layout compared to sohc engines (gli, gl, breeze or vti).

you can also check the engine number, if it says like d16y it's the vti, if it's like d16a its the si.

can check them from redbook website

without the Sunroof. i dont think this is a VTI

take a pic of the engine bay. and post it up!

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Near the gearbox at the front of the engine is the stamped engine code, you should see something like D16A8xxx for the Si, and D16Yxxxxx for the VTI.

If it says D15xxxxx then its the slower 1.5L
    .© ♪

so which is the better out of them?

btw, how does intake change the speed or acceleration? and how much does it cost?