Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    lol, ive been hunting around for a while and when i came across this car, the one thats been discussed throughout the thread, i was initially attracted to it straight away. because for a decent look hond civic to be under 6 k. was surprising.

well someone has to begin somewhere in respect to knowing about cars and their features. i probably wouldnt have gotten as much feedback had this been in the noob section.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    smoetyjim, hunt around and be patient, some people have waiting a good half a year or more to find their ideal car. You should read up with some of the information around Ozhonda to get some basics down. As for both kazam and aimre, they're were able to get their cars good People love to advertise VTi for more than 8K atm.
    If i sell mine, ill be putting mine up for that much
    But i got mods.... good ones too
    Ctrl + W

Quote Originally Posted by aimre View Post
    If i sell mine, ill be putting mine up for that much
    But i got mods.... good ones too
    Hahahaha, go aimre rofl! Tell smoetyjim how long to wait till a good VTi is up for sale
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

sigh..dont u wish that ppl with vtis just hurry up n sell them ?

Member Array
    Car:
    '92 EG Civic VTi
    Trust me, it's well worth the wait. Being impatient in buying cars could be a serious mistake. Generally, a mechanic will check a car to a certain point, and they'll tell you what's wrong and how to fix it plus the cost of it all. You can choose to ignore it, and regret it hard later. Or, you could sit back, take a breath and take a little more time.

Personally, I rushed into buying a Breeze (91 Hatch w/D13B Carb.) and it turned out real shit afterwards, simply because the engine seized (IOW, it died in the arse). From then on, it was pretty much a money pit. A new engine (D16Y1 SOHC VTEC for your reference), new tank, pump and lines (Fuel System EFi), which set me back around 2.2K including the engine drop.

Looking back, I do regret rushing out and buying a car, and I especially regret spending 1/3 of what the car costs to fit that new engine. SO, be smart about it and look a little more carefully before buying a car. Go to the guys place, take a real close look at it, drive it around, check for oil leaks or weird burnt oil smells coming from the engine bay, check for blue or black smoke (either is bad) and make for damn sure that it hasn't been in any frontal or rear accidents.

I later found out mine had been in 2 seperate accidents, one in the front and one in the rear. Keep in mind, this was my first car, and I was so eager that I overlooked a lot of the evidence that showed it had been in a couple of bingles. First, the front area under the bonnet where the suspension top mount bolts stick out was slightly crumpled (You'll see that it's on both sides of the car roughly in the center if looking head on). Second, the rear hatch seals once taken off, reveal rust spots from a badly done bog and paint job (the bog had also cracked from not being sealed and treated properly). Third, there were numerous oversprays that I chose to over look simply because I thought they were minor (being optmistic here...try to be more a pessimist when looking at a second hand car, coz it pays to look at what bad about the car rather than good). Later I found out the the front bumper was actually red, turned white with a respray. None of the bumpers sit flat, which I also stupidly overlooked (now it doesn't sit at all after I hit a tree branch at Dandy Mountains ).

Anyway, there's a heap of other stuff to look out for when buying a car, and if anyone else has anything to add for people to realise that buying a first car is serious s**t, add it here...and then move it all into the NOOB section.

There's my two cents about buying a second hand car.
    Last edited by hayashi_1986; 01-03-2007 at 10:10 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Hahahaha, go aimre rofl! Tell smoetyjim how long to wait till a good VTi is up for sale

Well i wanted a new car for my bday, in may, so i was looking for a car atleast 2 months before this. Now i got the reciept for my car, and its dated 24/11.

So it took me 8ish months id say to find a decent car.

btw i wasnt looking just for a vti, i was looking for a DECENT car. Just so happens this VTi popped up. Heck i ALMOST bout a gli a few months earlier for 5,500. Hell wouldnt i have been dissapointed if i got that instead
    Ctrl + W

Banned Array
    Car:
    EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by smoetyjim View Post
    sigh..dont u wish that ppl with vtis just hurry up n sell them ?
    dude, trust me, i was looking for a car for almost 7 or 8 months, and towards the end i was getting so friggen bored of it i was ready to just about buy anything that had an engine in it.. but finally i found the car i have now... and from everything else i had looked at, this has by far been the best car i saw over that whole 8 months... so belive me the longer you wait, the more you learn about the cars you wanna buy, and in the end its all worth it..
    patience is the key

hey, well due all of ur responses, i dceided not to get that car and continue waiting on for a "better" deal. i found out today that the car was sold a few days ago to a dealer. so the car is now currently on sale for 9 k. farkk..

Quote Originally Posted by aimre View Post
    Well i wanted a new car for my bday, in may, so i was looking for a car atleast 2 months before this. Now i got the reciept for my car, and its dated 24/11.

So it took me 8ish months id say to find a decent car.

btw i wasnt looking just for a vti, i was looking for a DECENT car. Just so happens this VTi popped up. Heck i ALMOST bout a gli a few months earlier for 5,500. Hell wouldnt i have been dissapointed if i got that instead
    Man you would've been pissed bro! I got mine for 7+ so its okay I guess... not as good as your steal hahha
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter