Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: need coilovers

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Quote Originally Posted by civicem1 View Post
    I'm thinking about purchasing coilovers too. Does anybody have pictures of the S with pss9 coilovers lowered to its maximum setting? Purchasing coilovers for the S seems pretty misleading as not many people feedback about them and first hand information is limited. Hows the tein monoflex compare to other coilovers mentioned by vyet? I had a set on my civic and was pretty pleased by the amount I could lower the vehicle by.
    Don't know mate I got Tein RS not monoflex, they are totally different.
    Adjustability is good, but sometimes not soo great. My coils have alot of adjustment but I havn't been able to found a very good setup yet. On the street it's usless to adjust you just dont have enough road to feel the difference. It's alot of playing around especially with the remote resivor tanks.
    Ahh ludacrs beat me too it with the kw and pss9 thread.

There are heaps of first hand feedback from the usa. One guy Stinkytofu has tested afew diffrent coils on his s2000, but all the ratings are more to do with track then street. As you all know any coil will do for the street.

It's not just the s2000 that will handle crap if its dropped on its ass, most cars are like that. But that doesn't mean lowsetup cars are always crap, with the right settings testing and research you could have a very powerful low setup. The J's racing ap1 had a very low setup yet handled very well and had no problems with the bumps on the touge, but of corse.. they are professionals

I've only heard good things about the Toda coils, but I havn't seen anyone with them on a s2000 and they real expensive too, maybe they're up there with the motons and jrz but they cost an arm and a leg lol.
    Last edited by vyets; 20-08-2008 at 07:15 PM.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    Maybe look into RCAs & BSKs as well as the steering rack heighteners for a dumped s2k...They are not cheap though.
    2007 BMW M3 Jerez Black/Palladium Silver
    2002 BMW M3 Ruby Black/Black - SOLD
    1999 Honda S2000 NFR/Black - SOLD

S2Krazy Array
    Might have a set of KW V3's for cheap from the US.

Couldn't pass up on the price ; so we'll see.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...