Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    Found out that my 6MT makes the whirring noise when the clutch is ridden when semi warmed up.
    (usually I dont ride the clutch but when the clutch is ridden you can hear the noise longer, the noise can only be heard for half a second when the clutch is used normally)

Anyone else get this noise?
    The clutches in the euro's seem to dry up which creates this noise.
    This can be caused by the clutch overheating.
    It's your spigget bearing that's running dry.
    Once the clutch warms up and metal expands you rarly ever will hear the noise again if the bearing are just dry.
    But if you have overheated the pressure plate you will get this noise when slipping the clutch even when it's warm.
    It's hard to answer until the clutch is pulled down.

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    yeh i get this clutch noise too .. and it annoys the hell outta me... how could i get it fixed ??

it only happens on take off and if you tap pedal and then take off without riding cluth it does it...

Sumtimes mine does it even after the car has warmed up... its odd... but i tried gettin my honda to fix it .. and they claimed it aint warrenty so i got Depart of fair trading involved and the guy said it is... so i dunno what to do now...

Its a loud noise too and kinda embarassing when your in town go to take off and WRRRRRRRRR the clutch makes noises....

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Sounds like the same problem mine has except mine has never done it after warming up.

The thing is, its just a noise so it will be hard to get it fixed under warranty.

It could be happening because its very humid outside
    Guess we need to gently drop the clutch to avoid it lol
    Last edited by EuroDude; 01-03-2007 at 05:50 PM.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 03 Lux
    I dont know- I think your talking about 2 different things here. AC and Clutch??

I know when i hit the AC it makes that werid aroooo!! sound. It does it occasionally- and definatly only when AC is on. Only when stopped also.

I have a AT.

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 CL9 + '07 FD
    Could it be from grounding?

I use to get this whirring noise and it sounded like a turbo spooling up, when i installed a system. Found it it was poor grounding and made the speakers in the back whirr alot.
    If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by G7G7 View Post
    I dont know- I think your talking about 2 different things here. AC and Clutch??

I know when i hit the AC it makes that werid aroooo!! sound. It does it occasionally- and definatly only when AC is on. Only when stopped also.

I have a AT.
    If you can come to the meet tonight, show off your aroooo!!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    what meet tonight ?? =P

hehe where can i find out bout that ?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by BraXta View Post
    what meet tonight ?? =P

hehe where can i find out bout that ?
    In the Upcoming Events section.

I also like to hear the noises Euro makes..... the intake noise from Aaron's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by Butso View Post
    Could it be from grounding?

I use to get this whirring noise and it sounded like a turbo spooling up, when i installed a system. Found it it was poor grounding and made the speakers in the back whirr alot.
    Comonly known as aeroplane sound... poor grounding and wiring of aftermarket sound system can cause that.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    I also like to hear the noises Euro makes..... the intake noise from Aaron's ghetto
    Come come, I'll show you my ghetto intake and ghetto grounding tonight. I just replaced the bent muffler to a scraped muffler. That's extra 3kW!

I've got this noise too and it happens for only around 2-5 seconds at a time, randomly.

Don't think it only happens when I turn the Aircon on.
    2ndly this is definitely not the clutch noise that other people are talking about.

It sounds like a more empty WHOOO kind of noise. Sounds like an axle is suddenly not lubricated enough but I don't think its this noise either, just trying to describe the annoying noise!