Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Yfin! You made a ground loop! Take off the original negative terminal to chassis ground!

Where did you locate your capacitor box?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal View Post
    My guess is your factory grounding wires are good enough to do the job already.

This kit is probably most effective (and difference noticeable) on older cars with either thinner ground cables and/or corroded, deteriorating cables.
    Yup! Very true!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Yfin! You made a ground loop! Take off the original negative terminal to chassis ground!

Where did you locate your capacitor box?
    Ok will do now and see if any different - but it is easier to remove the Pivot wire that goes there. The box is located on the side of the battery.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Removed the Pivot wire going to earth next to battery - re executed all the tests. Nothing hsa changed - those numbers are the same. This capacitor in the Pivot does nothing from what I can see in terms of voltage regulation.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    looks pretty tho!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Anyway, I don't think the RSM can react fast enough to do the measurements. You need an oscilloscope.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Anyway, I don't think the RSM can react fast enough to do the measurements. You need an oscilloscope.
    You are too kind to Pivot Aaron! I think the product doesn't do all they claim it does - or at least the claims are exaggerated. The drops in voltage are still occuring. If this product truly stabilised voltage I would not see the same drops before and after fitment.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    You are too kind to Pivot Aaron! I think the product doesn't do all they claim it does - or at least the claims are exaggerated. The drops in voltage are still occuring. If this product truly stabilised voltage I would not see the same drops before and after fitment.
    Nah, I personally don't think these things work. Better to spend that $100 to get a better battery. but to measure voltage spikes, you need an oscilloscope which is able to visualise spikes that are over 200Hz.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Accord Euro
    My understanding of these devices is that they work like a capacitor in your car audio. Ie, supply that bit extra to the system when the drain is more than the system can cope with. A new car like these should not need this device and a decent battery will do the job if you are running extra toys off the stock system. Aaronng is right about the speed of the meter picking up the spikes. Try using an analogue meter as your eyes will be able to pick up the slightest movement of the needle and they do not have filtering to slow down the measurement.

shame to hear you spent the money and with no real improvement.

thanks for the thorough posts tho!

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_F View Post
    shame to hear you spent the money and with no real improvement.

thanks for the thorough posts tho!
    yeah, I took a hit for the Ozhonda team. Thanks for your comments too Claymore. Just checked the lights - seem to be the same brightness and they dim the same when the air-con is turned on.

BUT wait there is more! One difference I did notice is this. Ordinarily if I turn the key to accessory (without starting the car) I can see the voltage of the battery with the car off via the RSM unit. But when I turn the key to "start engine" the APEXI RSM will go blank, refresh and then the display will only work after the engine has started.

Now with the Pivot/ground wire install I can go through this engine start process and the RSM stays on during starting!- ie I can actually see the information screen with the voltage information (fluctuating a lot!) as the car is starting. Could never do that before. So the capacitor is helping the RSM get the power it needs whilst the car is starting. So that is definately a benefit and a sign this thing helps starting. But I doubt it does anything once the car has started.

Apart from the above I can't notice any difference in the vehicle whatsoever.
    Last edited by yfin; 24-02-2007 at 07:39 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03
    damn LOL so these actually don't even work mayb we need to try the buddyclub condenser n see how they go?
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU