Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Cheapest Civic 06, E90
    CAI will be nice tho.. seems like people in the states gain "gentle" power improvement from installing the CAI.. but what obvious is.. for that 'woot-woot' noise..

77kw atw is not bad...

has any1 run a dyno against the sports model?

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Aco3n View Post
    CAI will be nice tho.. seems like people in the states gain "gentle" power improvement from installing the CAI.. but what obvious is.. for that 'woot-woot' noise..
    Agreed.. Get a cold air intake mate, best thing i did for my crx. Sounds fantastic from 4k up but standard below that so its not annoying. Gave noticeable improvement in mid range too. Well worth the money i think..

Member Array
    Car:
    not a honda
    about the cold air intake... do u actully get any power from it? apart from the induction noise im not sure if its worth getting. theres a fujita CAI but comes at $500 and claims to produce a 6hp (4.47kw) from it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...6937855&rd=1,1

Quote Originally Posted by Bob san View Post
    about the cold air intake... do u actully get any power from it? apart from the induction noise im not sure if its worth getting. theres a fujita CAI but comes at $500 and claims to produce a 6hp (4.47kw) from it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...6937855&rd=1,1
    dont think this is correct mate, they said that it will gain 11hp (at the wheel they said) using the Short Ram Intake. How come the SRI can gets more power than the CAI?

SRI: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FUJIT...spagenameZWD2V

(look at the bellow right corner of the first big picture on it

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    dont think this is correct mate, they said that it will gain 11hp (at the wheel they said) using the Short Ram Intake. How come the SRI can gets more power than the CAI?

SRI: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FUJIT...spagenameZWD2V

(look at the bellow right corner of the first big picture on it
    Because dynos are done with the bonnet open. If you drive with your bonnet closed, SRI is like stock. I used to have that.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Because dynos are done with the bonnet open. If you drive with your bonnet closed, SRI is like stock. I used to have that.
    hm... in other words... SRI is not worth buying?

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    I would go with CAI intake, couldnt be happier with mine. You dont want heatsoak hindering performance and CAI sounds great.

As for power gains, i found a review on zc powered crx like my car. They dynoed it at about 95hp then first mod was AEM CAI and they got 98hp peak but got over 5hp gain in mid range, then they did skunk 2 cat back and got it to something in vicinity of 104hp then they did dc header and got nearly 110hp. This car was pretty high k's and i wouldnt be surprised if the kit it was running standard was well past prime but its pretty cool review.

Anyway, i guarantee you wont be disappointed with CAI

Member Array
    Car:
    Cheapest Civic 06, E90
    based on prev exp.. CAI will be well spent.. if you get it installed with the other things.. such as piggyback, chip, whole exhaust set, ignition, and not to forget.. great mechanic to set-up.. by the end.. all of these will cost you a fortune.. and it's just a matter if you wanna spend that much..
    If you decide to go with CAI only.. there might be a slight improvement.. but I can't really feel it tho..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It's worth it only for the sound. Unless you enclose it and add a cold air feed to it like the GruppeM intakes.

OK... before we went too far... i think I should've mention that my car is an Auto so... CAI wouldnt be possible to fit in (according to Fujita website, it says "Manual Only") T-T Thats why I'm thinking of SRI...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    OK... before we went too far... i think I should've mention that my car is an Auto so... CAI wouldnt be possible to fit in (according to Fujita website, it says "Manual Only") T-T Thats why I'm thinking of SRI...
    Yeah, because the transmission case for the auto might get in the way. well, time for you to do SRI and make an enclosure if you want power like I did for my Euro: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53595