Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    well, time for you to do SRI and make an enclosure if you want power like I did for my Euro: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53595
    Wow... thanks aaronng... I didnt kno that an enclosure can give more power...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    Wow... thanks aaronng... I didnt kno that an enclosure can give more power...
    It's because cold air is denser, so it makes a little more power. Hot air is less dense, so you lose power. With an SRI, what you gain in flowing, you lose in the heat.
    Last edited by aaronng; 14-03-2007 at 07:27 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    not a honda
    dont think this is correct mate, they said that it will gain 11hp (at the wheel they said) using the Short Ram Intake. How come the SRI can gets more power than the CAI?

SRI: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FUJIT...spagenameZWD2V

(look at the bellow right corner of the first big picture on it
    look carefully. the one SRI ur looking at is for a civic SI. this is the US model's top brand of civic hatches with a K20 in it.

my car has the R18a (SOHC i-vtec) in it so the claim power levels will be lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob san View Post
    look carefully. the one SRI ur looking at is for a civic SI. this is the US model's top brand of civic hatches with a K20 in it.

my car has the R18a (SOHC i-vtec) in it so the claim power levels will be lower.
    Ok... mine is the Sports model, so it has K20z? So that means I will get around the same? =S

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Ok... mine is the Sports model, so it has K20z? So that means I will get around the same? =S
    Civic SI has the 147kW k20 engine.

Member Array
    Car:
    not a honda
    srry but unlikely. the civic SI is more closely linked to the civic type R (with the hardcore K20) then the civic sports

Quote Originally Posted by Bob san View Post
    srry but unlikely. the civic SI is more closely linked to the civic type R (with the hardcore K20) then the civic sports
    will I expect too much if I want to gain at least half of the figures (4.1kw)?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    will I expect too much if I want to gain at least half of the figures (4.1kw)?
    I would only expect psychological power gains. 4.1kW is too small to be felt on the road.

ah... i see... thanks for the infor ppl...

one last question from me... Is it worthed install this SRI into my 06 Sports Auto?

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Mate its your call, noone elses, its unfortunate that you can't fit the cai in the auto. As has been said you probably wont gain power with sri due to heat soak cancelling gains in flow but it will sound cooler. I myself would try and find a company that does cold air or even custom fabricate something that draws cool air (would be rewarding). Your car though. Hurry up and do some more so we can see the difference on the dyno mate!! I like seeing before and after dyno readouts...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    ah... i see... thanks for the infor ppl...

one last question from me... Is it worthed install this SRI into my 06 Sports Auto?
    If you don't like the noise, don't do it. You will hear it more in an auto than a manual because you usually use more throttle + you have kickdown.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    If you don't like the noise, don't do it. You will hear it more in an auto than a manual because you usually use more throttle + you have kickdown.
    hm... i sure like the sound of CAI but never heard any from SRI... aaronng with the custom box you suggesting, will I get colder air using it?