Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2-R
    I've got Racing Spec dampers on my DC2R. These are awsome for the street on the softest setting. Although when your not in the mood for them, you feel liek driving the car into an ocean, or off a cliff. Be prepared for a few dash lights, and brake lights etc to come on and off, and flicker.

Also you have to consider the wheel weight factor, in combination with Coilovers. I found the RS dampers to be amazing with stock wheels, but with the CE28N's they were a whole lot better!!!

Also people believe the harder a damper the better, and the faster you'll go around a race track. This is definately not true. You have to take in consideration tires, ridgitity etc. I personally would rather use N+ with a set of crappy SEMI SLICKS around a track, rather than RS dampers and very good STREET tires. What i'm getting at is that Coilovers isn't the key to being fast. Yes they will make you faster than stock, but it's all about weight transfer/balence, wheel weights, bracing etc etc.

I also believe that RS dampers are for street use, and P1 dampers are for off road use. N+ dampers are great also... IMO are harder than Tein Flex, and the entire BuddyClub range are more agressive than each Tein product in the same category.

Quote Originally Posted by SXWC View Post
    bc n+ is crap, very stiff and very bumpy and body roll, i would steer clear off them...
    So what do you recommend then for daily driver but a big upgrade from a dc2r?

i am still deciding between the cusco zero 2 and the BC RSD. I know the cusco's can go real low but how low can the BC RSD go?
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2-R
    BC racing spec damper on setting 0-0 are fine for the street. Firm, no body roll, and nice. But it's all to do with personal preference. Some people prefer their rides to be hardcore, some don't. It's all about what you want your car for. If it's just for the street, then N+ will do it. If you are going to be tracking, then get the RSD. Tein Flex are nice for the street. IMO Tein's are soft, but some will say they aren't. Once again, personal preference.

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    I have the RSD on 7 and 7, and it pretty good street wise. But then again the S2000 comes stock with quite firm suspension so I was conditioned for it lol. I dont see how the would be much difference with how low the coilovers can go. The RSD have the adjustable perch, you could dump it if you wanted too.

I love the RSD coilovers, takes the car to a new level of handling.

Member Array
    Car:
    R32 GT-R / S2000
    I've got the N+ on the S2K.

The S2K's stock suspension is already pretty good. It's a pretty crashy ride actually.

I decided to try toe N+ over the Racing Spec Damper as the car is primarily a street car. Having said that, of-course I will be tracking it as well.

For an initial test I dumped the car as low as it could go. The car was literally scraping on everything. It's nice to know I can go that low if I want though without compromising shock travel. Remember, this is something the Buddy club suspension can do that the Tein SS's can't do (they let you lower your car, but at the cost of shock travel, thus they are inferior in design).

2nd test was to simply set the N+ to full soft, which I found way too soft, then to stop, and set to full stiff, which I found way too stiff. This suggests that I can get the perfect balance that suits me.

3rd test was to take it to the track. I took the car to Eastern Creek and found the rear quite twitchy on harder settings. I softened up the rear in pitt lane and found the car much more controllable.

After a few weeks in the car I've come up with the perfect settings for street. I can absorb the small bumps well but what's most impressive is how I soak up the massive bumps. The car can take any sort of crap road. It's perfect in my opinion for a car that is daily driven and makes it to the track once a month.

I've had a few people in the car. Perry who just bought an S2K and he commented that it feels like stock (only the car is a LOT lower than stock). And Zi from JDMyard who says it feels so much better than his old S2K's Zeal coilovers. He thought the Zeal's were too soft. Zi also took me on a road which had one very nasty bump in it. It's a road he uses to test whether or not a suspension is good at handling bumps (or not lol). And the car passed with flying colours

For those who love a very hard track set-up, sure, go for the Racing Spec Damper. Just remember, on bumpy tracks like Wakefield, stiffer suspension doesn't mean a faster time.

For those who want coilovers for a daily ride, the N+ is awesome. It's not as soft as the Tein SS's (N+ has more aggressive spring rates) but it's a better design, especially if you want to slam your ride and do track days every now and then.

To the guy who says the N+ are crap and are too stiff and have body roll... Without listing your set-up, I can't even begin to problem solve. Sway bars are usually the best mod for getting rid of body roll. Tyres play a factor and ride height is also a massive factor. Please do share more of your set-up, if possible.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by justinfox View Post
    For those who love a very hard track set-up, sure, go for the Racing Spec Damper. Just remember, on bumpy tracks like Wakefield, stiffer suspension doesn't mean a faster time.
    Thanks mate. Any comments on people saying N+ has too much bodyroll?
    #

Member Array
    Car:
    R32 GT-R / S2000
    NP. Again, we're all getting confused here on the body roll issue. It's not the N+ that's giving people body roll. The N+ has much more aggressive spring rates than stock and the dampers are adjustable so that you can adjust the ride to be stiffer than stock so there's no way you would have more body roll with the N+ than stock. There are much more factors out there to cure body roll than just coilovers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by justinfox View Post
    NP. Again, we're all getting confused here on the body roll issue. It's not the N+ that's giving people body roll. The N+ has much more aggressive spring rates than stock and the dampers are adjustable so that you can adjust the ride to be stiffer than stock so there's no way you would have more body roll with the N+ than stock. There are much more factors out there to cure body roll than just coilovers.
    Exactly
    The thing is alot of people would lower the car at the same time, this causes the roll center to move downwards, away from the center of gravity, this causes a greater torque around the roll centre causing extra bodyroll, due to the greater lever arm (cornering forces acting on the cars center of gravity causes it to roll around the roll centre).

Ie, the stiffer springs will increase the roll stiffness quite alot, but the lower the car (or roll centre to be exact), the greater the lever arm acting on the roll center which increases the bodyroll, and at a point may actually completly offset the extra roll stiffness from the stiffer springs.
    Last edited by Muzz; 17-08-2007 at 06:05 PM.
    Back from the dead

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    Quote Originally Posted by SXWC View Post
    bc n+ is crap, very stiff and very bumpy and body roll, i would steer clear off them...
    -____________________________________-

KINDLY, dont make sweeping statements unless uve got mountains of evidence to back up ur claim

coz at the moment, ur post is complete bs
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    Check this out, I really want to hear what Buddyclub will say about this issue.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=557885

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...=rsd%27s+broke

Not just once, 2 times already...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by yakuza View Post
    Check this out, I really want to hear what Buddyclub will say about this issue.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=557885

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...=rsd%27s+broke

Not just once, 2 times already...
    Isolated incident. The other 2 incidents had prior accidents. So only 1 case with premature wear. And the car was lowered by 3". Being Macpherson struts on the DC5, the coil's body serves as an integral part of the suspension link, so it undergoes much higher loads than on a car with double wishbones all round.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2