Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX

buddy club n+ VS buddly club racing spec

Has anyone got any experience in the difference between these two levels of suspension. Theres about 800dollars difference. The n+ are cheaper. But the racing spec they actually have a specific model for crx where n+ ill need to get type r lca's. If anyone knows any big differences then let me know.... I need to choose some suspension soon...
    Thanks heaps guys

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    the difference is fatter pistons , stiffer spring rate on racing spec damper
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EG5 View Post
    the difference is fatter pistons , stiffer spring rate on racing spec damper
    The N+ are still pretty firm though arent they? Like would they hold up if you were to run some semi slicks and take it to a racecourse? The thinner piston would cause issues?? Im quite liking the idea of going some buddy club. Just need to justify everything to myself before i make any big purchases..

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    n+ is still a nice suspension . bang for bucks for daily + track use.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

i bought the buddy club RS (from jdm yard!) but this is the first coilovers ive ever owned so i cant really compare but quite happy with the spring rates altho i think i would like it better with slightly stiffer springs

At softer damper setting its very comfy on the street

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    i regret getting N+..period
    ModBox

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    I can't speak for the N+, but I have the Race Spec and although they're a solid improvement on the Tien SS I previously had, I'm a little disappointed with the high rebound of the shocks. But for the price ($2k landed), I'm not complaining. They feel more like $3k worth of coilover... and I probably won't be satisfied until I have a $10k set...

One thing to keep in mind if you're considering the Race Spec is that your personal comfort isn't the only thing a hard ride will affect. You could easily bend or break or just end up with loose components and constantly out-of-whack alignments every trip you take around the block. The smallest of pot holes and uneven surfaces feel like you've hit a gutter. And it's the car you have to think about, not your youthful bodies hehe

I'd say the chasis of my car is probably in serious need of a rigidity refresher.. with welding etc.. and I'd probably say race spec coilovers aren't worth using unless you reenforce your chasis with extra welding etc There's obviously a reason they are "off road use only".

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Always good information posted on here. Yeah i definitely dont want something so stiff they ruin my car. I knew one of the buddy club set ups were 'off road only' but i thought it was the P1's. Yeah im not after something thats not even legal. I guess ill have a better look into the n+ then.
    Anyone else had any experience with these?

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    DXS (another gen II CRX owner on this forum) has the N+ on order from Japan for his SiR. Why don't you PM for his feedback once he receives them.

In regards to "off road use only", I think it's more or less implied in the title "race spec"... but I couldn't read anything on the box or manual as it was in japanese hehe... Aussie roads are crap by international standards too.

Just a suggestion - if you don't plan to do any racing, it could be more worth your while getting springs and shocks. There's a lot more street rides using all kinds of combinations here and you'd have a larger source of information to pinpoint the solution for your needs. Alternatively, I hear the Zeal Function coilovers provide a similar ride feel. Just to give you a point of comparison.

pretty sure the RS is street use and its the P1 is the off road use?

I dont feel anything unstreetable about the RS unless u max it out to hardest on the street

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    for daily driving with a little bit of track or race feel...the N+ is gd...it just not stiff enough but thats personal taste...and it does give u a bit of body roll..so u mite want to combine it with sway bars and stuff...the shocks don't travel much either...coz the difference between jacked up and on the ground is only about 1 inch differences...meaning u r always on 3 wheels going in and our of driveways...

ModBox

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Keep the comments flowing guys. Good to see all the varying comments. Feel free to let me know if you are running a different setup that you find works really well for you. I am by no means decided upon a product yet. Just decided im going to do brakes first anyway as my pads are running low. But straight after i get them done im going to want to do the sussy too....