Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    Race only or street use can be a thin blury line. I don't mind driving around on Race Spec on a daily basis, but there are a number of sacrifices. Three wheels up driveways is definitely true - and it occurs without fail on just about any driveway in existence. I recently raised the rear by an inch just to make the car slightly more practical on the crappy Melbourne roads. Fortunately they are very easy to adjust and I can do so before and after events, as required.

In my exprience the best thing to do is develop an ultimate plan and work backwards. To be honest, I don't think race spec are really designed with the daily driver in mind - as a result, the priorities of a street car are not fully addressed. Race or street... it will always be a compromise until you can settle for one or the other.

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    As mr amus said, I have some BC's coming to me.

i have BC Junior ITR coilovers coming (hopefully be here in the next couple of days). 10 6 spring rates.. where as EF8 Racing spec is 12 8

In JP there is only Junior and Racing Spec.. so i presume junior = N+

Basically i have heard from a reliable source that BC's are kinda crap, as in the same grade as tien. With notable bouncy dampers (as dylan also mentions) and this is why they make the spring rates high.

I would look into stuff like Zeal Function XS.. i was intially going to get these but then the price rose.. to around 2.1k as opposed to 1.65k for the juniors

Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    2k for Buddy Club's Race Spec?
    WHERE?!#%!#
    I should have bought these
    12/8kg seems excellent.

I've driven on N+ and thought they were pretty good for the price. Some feel they are too bouncy. But if you set them up right, they feel fine (but still a little bouncy for some). The only reason I didn't get N+ was because the spring rates are 10/6kg

I've ordered some coilovers with 12/6kg springrates. I'll see how they go.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Good to hear everyone's opinions/experiences. Im confused though now. lol. Ive never heard a bad thing about zeal or cusco so i will look into them too. Its just i saw the traders on here have buddy club so id ask ppl's experience of them. I really dont want to come away disappointed. I had a look at the TODA fightex da's on here too and they sound awesome. Full aluminium case and things. Upper end of my range though. But if ill be 100% happy with what i get im happy to spend it where i dont want to spend 2k and come away disappointed with the drive. Anyone else have opinions on any others like the cusco, zeal, toda, hks etc

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    just grab a entry level spec and start from there, u cant hope to get the best on ur first go. doesnt work like that.
    think on ur goals, what u what the suspension for , street/track or just show off stylez. some people think this or that is too soft but they are mostly freaks that are bound to bang up their chassis for street use.

and i dont think u can afford fightex's.
    to you

OzHONDA FTL

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kayot1k View Post
    just grab a entry level spec and start from there, u cant hope to get the best on ur first go. doesnt work like that.
    think on ur goals, what u what the suspension for , street/track or just show off stylez. some people think this or that is too soft but they are mostly freaks that are bound to bang up their chassis for street use.

and i dont think u can afford fightex's.

Yeah many good points there but when u say i cant afford fightex - you'd be surprised what ill spend if i know its what im after. If they are the ones i decide i like the best ill buy them. But they arent cheap you have that right! And im not saying i have lots of money or anything im just saying i have enough and that if i get my mind set on the one thing (currently tossing up between like 5sets) then i will most often buy it.
    Still reading everyones posts here so if anyone else has something to add then go ahead. I like hearing everyone's opinions..

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    i have heard bad about cusco too..
    hks i dont know

zeal and toda related are good..

as i said before i would go for Zeal Function XS

I am going to do a ITR coilover install into my EF Crx within the week with a rear camber kit too.. might do a DIY as well

crx51, the best thing is to have a ride in mate's cars fitted with the coilovers, then you can really feel out what is suitable for you Personal preference and needs colour all of our judgements :P
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dxs View Post
    i have heard bad about cusco too..
    hks i dont know

zeal and toda related are good..

as i said before i would go for Zeal Function XS

I am going to do a ITR coilover install into my EF Crx within the week with a rear camber kit too.. might do a DIY as well
    That'd be awesome if you could do a DIY for that. You bought zeal function xs did you? How much were they?
    Is the EF suspension setup the same as ED9? Because i saw on crxaustralia a guy got front sway bar for ED9 and it wouldnt fit on his EF. All this will fit/wont fit stuff has confused the hell out of me. I reckon ive seen half the suspension posts on this forum and i know no more than before i ever looked...

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    i wouldnt go as far as personal preference..
    Their might be personal preference in what u want your suspension to achieve.
    as in: Fastest track time, most confortable, most reliable etc.. but all those sub categorys can be rated..

but anyway:

to answers you questions crx51:
    I tried to buy the zeals for EF, but the price went up to like 2.1k
    i ended up getting buddy club Juniors (like N+) with 10 6 spring rates for ITR, so therefor i have ITR rear LCA and DC2 front forks. I also have a rear adjustable camber kit (which is the top arm) to fix the rear camber issues that occur with lowering and using ITR lca's.

Now ED is AUDM and EF is JDM. The rear is pretty much the same beside the rear LCA's are a little different. There are also some '88 ED with fork type LCA's.. but anyway.. rear is pretty much the same

Front is a little different, but all works on the same style. There are some mild differences.. but if u use different style suspension like ITR the fork is all u need to change. And say u put in EF8 Zeal XS functions you would just need the LCA and fork from EF.. but u could even do ITR XS function.. but i would go the EF ones.

The front sway bar on EF has different mounts than the ED.. but the mounts go on the front LCA.

www.nengun.com is a good site.. quite slow on postage and such, but good price.. always a chance of getting dicked by customs and ask them if their prices are correct first before ordering..

bla hopefully that made sense

EDIT:
    if you keep the front ED lca, then a whiteline front sway will fit.. (their shouldnt be a real reason to change the front lca)
    The whitline rear sway should fit on a crx with ED, EF or DC2R lca's.. (ie i have EF with ED rear sway and will be going DC2R, so i will let u know if it doesnt fit, but everyone says it does)
    Last edited by Dxs; 28-02-2007 at 06:11 PM. Reason: more info

Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    Buddy Club RS: CIVIC EG6 AU $ 1,628.31 Honda Civic EG6, Front 12K/H200, Rear 8K/H200
    AWWWWWW >_<

I'd say go Cusco if you wanted comfort. Zero2 by Cusco are pretty damn good.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Thanks for a good informative post DXS. Really helpful! Thanks to everyone has been posting to aid me in my confusion.
    Scott