Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    crx51: you got a White AUDM CRX with a B16a conversion in it?

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nigs View Post
    crx51: you got a White AUDM CRX with a B16a conversion in it?
    No, why's that? I did have a white audm crx but it was d16a8. Current car is on here, just look at the thread "My CRX - Finally got new wheels!!". Its a red audm crx with 65 original k's. Im second owner. Serviced every 3and a bit k's. Why do you ask mate? Take care

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    Crx51 just another option for you to consider is going with koni pre-shortened & race valved dampers, with ground control sleeves and ebaich springs to whatever rates you choose. It would cost about 2 grand max to scource it all from the US.

I have been reseaching what coilovers to get since i got my ek a year and a half ago, and have come to the conclusion that no coilovers around that price car compete with their performance on the track (N+, racing spec etc.).
    Also i like the fact that they are rebuildable and the same shocks without the race valving, have a lifetime waranty (wont waranty the race valving because they dont waranty racing products), sais alot about the quality of the shock. This combo will last a lifetime if you treat it right, unlike alot of coilovers!

Ive heard that the race valved koni's work fine on the street, with softer springs if thats what your after.

Anyways just thought id give you another option to think about
    Back from the dead

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    Crx51 just another option for you to consider is going with koni pre-shortened & race valved dampers, with ground control sleeves and ebaich springs to whatever rates you choose. It would cost about 2 grand max to scource it all from the US.

I have been reseaching what coilovers to get since i got my ek a year and a half ago, and have come to the conclusion that no coilovers around that price car compete with their performance on the track (N+, racing spec etc.).
    Also i like the fact that they are rebuildable and the same shocks without the race valving, have a lifetime waranty (wont waranty the race valving because they dont waranty racing products), sais alot about the quality of the shock. This combo will last a lifetime if you treat it right, unlike alot of coilovers!

Ive heard that the race valved koni's work fine on the street, with softer springs if thats what your after.

Anyways just thought id give you another option to think about
    Mate you make some good points. Do you know where abouts in america you could source them? See the thing is i dont like the idea of having to confer with a million different american companies and then have to worry about whether the right things have been shipped and when they have been shipped etc. I also dont like the idea of having to stress about whether they will get import taxes and things. If anyone has done it then id like to hear about it. Ive heard good things about ground control/koni/eibach combination. Also what are the race valved koni's? Do they sell them like that or do you need to get them revalved?? Your help is appreciated mate...

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by crx51 View Post
    Mate you make some good points. Do you know where abouts in america you could source them? See the thing is i dont like the idea of having to confer with a million different american companies and then have to worry about whether the right things have been shipped and when they have been shipped etc. I also dont like the idea of having to stress about whether they will get import taxes and things. If anyone has done it then id like to hear about it. Ive heard good things about ground control/koni/eibach combination. Also what are the race valved koni's? Do they sell them like that or do you need to get them revalved?? Your help is appreciated mate...
    The race valved koni's are basically koni sports, which have been shortened an inch (gives you an extra inch of bump travel when lowering ) and have been revalved with koni's race valving, allowing you to run spring rates stiffer than 600lbs/in (approximatly 10kg/mm). they work fine on springs less than 10kg/mm as well, incase you are wondering. the range of damping stiffness is very wide. There hard to find, but dont require you to get them revalved or anything, which would be required of the normal koni sports.

Here is the part numbers And some info:
    The front shocks are 25 mm shorter bodies and have approx. 40 mm of additional rebound stop (droop limiter) compared than the similar Sport shock. The rear shocks have a 15 mm shorter body and approximately 35 mm additional rebound stop. They all come with the standard spring perch mounted on circlips so any Koni, Ground Control or proper fitting coil-over sleeve system can be used. The all have the most current SPSS3 racing valving in them. As with any race designed and intended shock, they will not carry the lifetime warranty of a street shock. For Stock class autocrossers, please not that these are not legal max length unless the rebound stop is changed.

Applications and part numbers:
    '89-91 CRX & Civic: 8041-1166 RACE front and 8041-1153 RACE rear
    '92-95 Civic and all Del Sol: 8041-1152 RACE front and 8041-1153 RACE rear
    '96-00 Civic: 8041-1152 RACE front and 8041-1213 RACE rear
    '94-01 Integra (exc. Type R): 8041-1152 RACE front and 8041-1153 RACE rear
    '88 CRX & Civic (front only): 8041-1166 RACE front
    Integra Type R (front only): 8041-1152 RACE front

Integra Type R & '88 CRX owners: rear shock 8041-1164 RACE is in development and will be available hopefully mid-summer.

These parts are here or nearly here and can be ordered through any Koni dealer. The parts are so new that you may need to provide the dealer with the part numbers or they are listed in the new Koni Racing catalog on page 11: http://www.koni-na.com/pdfcata...g.pdf
    You could get the race shocks here from http://www.autocarparts.com/part/list/242-5/ for $900 US all up, which is a good price considering koni USA list them at $300 US each.

Coilover sleeves and springs from http://www.ground-control-store.com/...p/II=518/CA=71 for $299US
    They don’t give you the option to choose you spring rates ordering them online, but you can call them up and order custom rates.

So $1200 US all up for parts, say $350 US or so for shipping to you, total cost is about $2012 at the current exchange rate. Ive never been taxed or anything ordering parts in from the US, I doubt you’d be, maybe someone else can clear it up for you though as im not 100% sure.

Pros
    Choose your custom spring rates
    Expected life much much greater than most coilover combos. Will last a lifetime if treated right and rebuilt when required.
    Lots of places in Aust. where they can rebuild them (Unlike most Jap Coilovers, of which most arnt rebuildable anyways and are had it after 100,000kms).
    Excelent proven performance! The shock dyno of the spss3 valved shocks is very impressive, out performing most/if not all, coilover combos at the $2000 mark.
    Easy to order springs if a change in rate is desired along the track.
    If one shock does blow for some reason, you can replace the single blown shock, instead of forking out to replace the whole coilover set!
    Last edited by Muzz; 03-03-2007 at 03:13 PM.
    Back from the dead

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    hey Muzz - rep's for that post. That is really informative mate. I added to your rep, i dont know what id does though? lol. Im having a look into the shocks mate. Thanks very much

Who carry BC coilover?

which state are u in??

there should be BC dealers across australia wide.

Perth and Melb since I travel back and forth quite often

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    man
    JDMyard sell them

Perth - buddy club dealer is

Vision R
    11 Bowen St
    O'Connor,
    Perth W.A
    http://www.visionr.com.au