Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexc86 View Post
    ok guys DONE!!

it came up with Code 3! so - 3 MAP - manifold absolute pressure sensor

Anyone know a way to solve this problem?
    Easy, if your using the oem map sensor, and your managment system isnt designed to fool the stock ecu reguarding the air pressure, than your gunna need to upgrade your map sensor to a 2bar/3bar sensor. Your ecu is currently going into safe mode as the map sensor isnt designed to work with positive pressures. Cant believe it hasnt been said sooner, and i dont even own a boosted car yet

If this is the case, which im putting all my money on, you will see the exact symptoms your describing.
    Last edited by Muzz; 25-04-2007 at 03:00 PM.
    Back from the dead

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by EG5[KRT] View Post
    map sensors read the manifold air pressure

so when u have boost its abundance of pressure the ecu prob thinks that something is wrong.. so thats why the light...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexc86 View Post
    yeh tru but the check light only comes on nearly full boost? say 4 - 5 psi
    Yep, all the people ive talked to who have had the same problem boosting a honda, say the same thing. It dosnt occour right as you go into positive pressure, you can still squeeze a few psi out.
    Back from the dead

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by poid View Post
    changing to a 2 or 3 bar MAP is a sure way to bugger everything up while still using a stock ECU.
    Seems like about 80% of everyone on turbod16.com uses a 2bar map sensor with the stock ecu using piggyback managment/tunable chips.

As somone mentioned before have a look around for info on check valves, ive read of lots of people using these aswell to cure your problems, i no very little about them though.
    Apparently, they stop the signal being sent to the ecu that the intake is seeing positive pressure.
    Back from the dead

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    yes...tunable chips...so the ECU knows there is a 2 bar MAP there. Even a piggyback, if suitable, will intercept and only send a MAP signal that the stock ECU will know what to do with. Obviously in this case whatever box Greddy is using is not capable of doing that, and the stock ECU is not liking the positive boost pressure, it would interpret a 2 or 3 bar MAP signal completely wrong.
    AHHHHHHHH i see, silly me
    Back from the dead

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Ok guys, the black box has a part number - #11550021A, anyone have a wireing diagram for this? so i can check if its wired in proprely?

anyone have any solutions to my problem? without getting a full standalone ecu , hondata/emanage etc etc....... will an safc do the job?
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser

Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    That part number is actually the turbo kit part number. The box is a FCU, Fuel Control Unit. Try this manual http://www.greddy.com/img/PHP/products/pdf/828.pdf It's for a 1992-1995 Civic EX. Pages 11 and 12. IDK if it is 100% what you needed but you can always email Greddy and give them a link to a picture. They would be my next step.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 VTI CIVIC, 72 RX2 13BT
    looks to me like it is already running a missing link/check valves (could be wrong, but thats what it looks like). Perhaps it is faulty or installed incorrectly.
    Its not running check valves dude. If you want to do check valves (which would defeat the purpose of the greddy unit) you will need to remove your map sensor and run a vac line off the "doodle" end (of the map) and block off the old map sensor hole in the manifold (devcon works a treat). for your vac feed you could probably just "T" off the fuel reg vac line and off the vac line put two "T"s and on the end of each t put a one way valve venting to atmosphere. )you can get them from a fish tank shop. And just conect the vac line to the map. it would be easier to understand if someone draws a pic.