Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DC2R fluids

DC2R fluids

Hey guys,
    I'm goin to (well the meachnic is) drain all my fluids/oils and replace them. I just want to know how much litres of each fluid would i need?
    Fluids/oils include clutch, power steering, brake, coolant, transmission, engine oil. Feel free to add any i forgot
    Also....i know this has been asked a million times but what fluids are reccommended? Is honda oil/fluid highly reccomended?
    Tanx guyz

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    everthing oem is good ..
    but engine oil use fully synthetic 10w/30

clutch/brake fluid: 1 ltr
    p/s: 1 ltr.. mine almost took a ltr
    coolant: abt 5-6 after diluted
    transmission oil: 2.4 ltrs mtf
    engine oil: abt 4 ltr ... 5 ltrs bottle is all sweet .. so u got spare to top is u need to later on

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 DC2 Type R
    you will be needing more than 1L of fluid if you are looking at a good brake flush. I always have 2L or sometimes even 3L on the standby....

like Samo said, stick with OEM for the tranmission but go good oil for the engine... it is the heart of your car and it deserves the best ....
    .................................................. ...................
    :: Foot to Metal :: Full On :: All of It or None of It ::
    .................................................. ...................

hey guys,
    so i've just been to my local honda dealer to get my fluids. The honda dealer guy gave me brake fluid when i asked for clutch fluid. I told him he gave me the wrong fluid....brake fluid...but he said he didn't...."you use brake fluid as your clutch fluid" Is this true guys?, or does honda actually have clutch fluid bottled and lablked as clutch fluid?
    Also he goes i only needed 500 mls of brake fluid for each of my tanks...the brakes and the clutch...is he on the money?

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    Quote Originally Posted by sung View Post
    "you use brake fluid as your clutch fluid" Is this true guys?,
    yep.. that's true..
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by sung View Post
    hey guys,
    so i've just been to my local honda dealer to get my fluids. The honda dealer guy gave me brake fluid when i asked for clutch fluid. I told him he gave me the wrong fluid....brake fluid...but he said he didn't...."you use brake fluid as your clutch fluid" Is this true guys?, or does honda actually have clutch fluid bottled and lablked as clutch fluid?
    Also he goes i only needed 500 mls of brake fluid for each of my tanks...the brakes and the clutch...is he on the money?
    clutch fluid is brake fluid.
    yes, 2x500 bottles to bleed your brakes and clutch system.
    sometimes you can get away with 1 bottle, depending how clean and how much air is in your system, but always 2 bottles to be safe.

sweet i got 4 bottles
    tanx dood

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    yeah ... u use brake for ur clutch as well

Member Array
    Car:
    gogomobile
    Make sure you use HONDA POWER STEERING FLUID, and other brand of ps fluid will cause the unit to leak.

Trust me it happened on a civic i had.
    "When a man has reached the stage of having just about everything a woman could ask for, she usually does."

/Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Learn how to detail properly

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/

i got that too...tanx champ

hey guys....anotehr question lol
    is there any effects of "over filling", filling pass the MAX indicator for your fluids? such as coolant?