Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1

Integra VTi-R or 180sx

first off i just wanna make this clear that this is not a vs thread it's just a thread talking about the pros and cons of both cars

i'm getting a car at the end of this year and i'm just currently doing researching on the car i'd be getting and right now i'm really confused about which car to get.

should i get a 180sx or a integra...i know it's my choice but if people would like to inform me on both cars pros and cons it'll probably make my decision easy

thanks!!

posting on a Honda forum it is obviously gonna be integra ftw!!!

Imo, both cars are great cars. both cars are well made, both cars have great power, just buy both

hehe.. FF cars have greater stability around corners. The integra, you'd have to rev it to get power.

180sx, pretty simple design - RWD, with great potential for extracting hgue amounts of power, but also huge amounts of traction loss. hehe.

I would go with the Integra. Not purely because of power, but also NA (cheaper to insure), AUS delivered (cheaper to insure + usually full service history), if not overly modified - less cop magnet.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTIR BB6
    180sx over a VTIR.

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 WRX
    integra for handling, 180 for power take your pick

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    Two completly different cars with different looks, power and handling characteristics.
    You have to decide before you get it what you want to do with the car - in terms of mods, both external and internal and engine.

Are you likely to want LOADS of power? will you want to take it to the track or drift?
    180 is easy to modify being turbo out of the factory, you put a bigger turbo on, do some Ecu mods and you get kw more power for cheap $. Good base for drifts definatelly.
    Integra is on the other side, being FWD it is a good base for a time attack track car, a little harder to get power out of in terms of cost vs power but the benefit of the car is that its very responsive engine wise and handles quiet brilliantly (DC2 or DC5).

Also look at insurance - what will be cheaper or expensive to insure.
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    180 type x > dc2

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4 + ZXR250C
    If you can find a reliable one !!! get the 180........

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal View Post
    Imo, both cars are great cars. both cars are well made, both cars have great power, just buy both

hehe.. FF cars have greater stability around corners. The integra, you'd have to rev it to get power.

180sx, pretty simple design - RWD, with great potential for extracting hgue amounts of power, but also huge amounts of traction loss. hehe.

I would go with the Integra. Not purely because of power, but also NA (cheaper to insure), AUS delivered (cheaper to insure + usually full service history), if not overly modified - less cop magnet.
    lol that's what i'm thinking of doing in the long run xD get them both but right now i can only have one haha btw the 180sx if i'm getting it will be non turbo since i'm still P plater > <

more opinions and views welcomed!! thanks

hey... get which one u recon looks better... in the end... there is not much point in having a car that u dont really appreciate astheticly...

Member Array
    Car:
    BB6 Prelude
    They're two totally different cars, so it depends on what you want to do.

The RPS13 chassis is nasty come wet weather, and I would only call it capable in the dry. Especially with the turbo variant, they are known to slip the back end out almost at random. Which is fine if you're into power oversteer...

The DC2 chassis (as FF usually are) is biased towards neutral handling. And through your favourite twisty bits, should be far quicker than a tail happy 180.

With all the 180SXs in this country being grey imports, insurance becomes a major issue, as will resale value. ALso, be prepared for some Police harrassment, as there are a fair portion of 180 drivers who are not well behaved, and as a result any 180 with an exhaust or after market wheels will be a target; especially if you're hanging a P plate in the windows.

While there are probably just as many missbehaving DC2 drivers, it's not as well publicised for whatever reason, so a DC2 will not create attention "just cos."

Personally, I wouldn't go near a 180 with a ten foot pole, DC2 all the way; but it's your money and your decision.
    "The sign of a good quote is that it has inverted commas at each end"
    -Shaun Micallef

Member Array
    Car:
    4th Gen Prelude VTiR
    I think the DC2 would be more refined and comfortable on a day to day basis and if you are an agressive driver and young, you will live longer owning a DC2.