Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Just to clarrify for all those that are considering puting their number plate off to the side, this is fine, however - if the plate isnt lined perpindicular to the length of the car, it will be deemed a defect.

Trust me on this one, first hand experience over here
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    Hey I got a type s, I was heart broken when i took apart the ugly massive chunk of black plastic(number plate holder) and found a screw hole. Ruined my plans. I simply bent the numberplate in half, used good double sided tape on each end of the plate and used that original screw that did that massive hole in the center hole on the plate. and it don't look bad at all.

cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by EL_DC5 View Post
    Hey I got a type s, I was heart broken when i took apart the ugly massive chunk of black plastic(number plate holder) and found a screw hole. Ruined my plans. I simply bent the numberplate in half, used good double sided tape on each end of the plate and used that original screw that did that massive hole in the center hole on the plate. and it don't look bad at all.

cheers
    Hey I have a Type S as well, white one too!

I also removed the big black POS plate holder, and bent the plate... looks good!

Member Array
    Car:
    09 jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by suspicious1 View Post
    Hey I have a Type S as well, white one too!

I also removed the big black POS plate holder, and bent the plate... looks good!
    any chance to get the pic of it, i want to see what is look like, thx

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    I thought bending the number plate is an immediate defect.

the number plate cannot be damaged in any way shape or form, because the number plate technically is Government property.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Weird, my type r does not have a hole and I don't want to bend the plate so I use cable ties to secure my plate numbers.

It WORKS and it looks really nice.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    when i bought the auto dc5 brand new, the black plastic number plate holder wasn't screwed down in the middle of the bumper.

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofu View Post

the number plate cannot be damaged in any way shape or form, because the number plate technically is Government property.
    Number plates cannot be on an angle to the centre line of the car.
    If its bent, it could be defected, pending on the cop.
    Like i said above, it has to be perpendicular (on right angles) to the length of the car.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofu View Post

Then technically its there problem not mine. LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    was a honda
    if the the number plate is fitted within (recessed) the front grille, would that make it a defect? coz it would be slightly hidden, i would assume it would be?

My DC5R had the number plate fitted nicley in the front bumper when i bought it, didnt have the big black plastic.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Here is a pic of my DC5S with the chunky black number plate holder removed, and the number plate is slightly bent.