Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ML350, GE8 VTI-S

Civic Vi 2002 headunit removal

Hi guys, just wondering is there any of you know how to remove the stock headunit from civic VI

I'm trying to help my friend to replace his stock headunit.

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Cheapest Civic 06, E90
    if this help.. blood spilled around the dash when I took off the center panel.. just be careful.. need force.. and ... seems like you gonna break the center console apart..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ML350, GE8 VTI-S
    thanks guys

When removing the entire dash panel, be sure you are pushing upwards, after u get the panel out, remove the metal bar under the headunit bcuz thats whats blocking it from coming out, (2 screws from each side if i remember correctly)

Quote Originally Posted by clem View Post
    When removing the entire dash panel, be sure you are pushing upwards, after u get the panel out, remove the metal bar under the headunit bcuz thats whats blocking it from coming out, (2 screws from each side if i remember correctly)
    thats about right... i had a 03 gli.... same thing... had to push really hard on the metal bar to pop it out......

this is giving me the shits, anyone have a copy of the ephatch guide?

i've removed the gear shift boot and panel that the cig lighter and hazard buttons sit, but have pulled the bottom of the console up , and only the bottom bends out nothing else pops out..

someone have some pointers before i put my whole foot into the console?

Member Array
    Car:
    Liberty GTspecB
    I used to have a EK sedan
    psn: w-_custer_-w