Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda CRX

yes honda can get 180KW easy...

Look at the S2000... 2L motor with 180KW....

they just don't want to do it... coz it might cost an extra 500$...

anyhow... hey perry... you must work with Adrian... tell him "Butt Launcher" says hi...

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    they dont want to do it because they have different classes
    it would be stupid for manufacturers to make every car have the same power.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda CRX

They are different classes

one is FWD and one is RWD... big difference...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
    Look at the S2000... 2L motor with 180KW....

they just don't want to do it... coz it might cost an extra 500$...

anyhow... hey perry... you must work with Adrian... tell him "Butt Launcher" says hi...
    $500 won't get you 180kW... It might get you 150kW... or maybe 152kW
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda CRX

ohhhh

I mean it would prob cost honda another 500$..... if they are making 100,000 engins or so... i'm not talking 500$ of after market mods... that would maybe get you 5Kw if your lucky.... you get my drift ??

saw it in the flesh... its hot pplz!! type R brakes, noice ass interior, and the exhaust isnt triangular, the exhaust tips sits inside the triangles.. just incase ne1 gave a damn..
    EMpire.ONE

c i v i c - l i z a t i o n

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
    I mean it would prob cost honda another 500$..... if they are making 100,000 engins or so... i'm not talking 500$ of after market mods... that would maybe get you 5Kw if your lucky.... you get my drift ??
    I am talking about production costs. The cost to balance, port and polish will cost more than $500 per engine.

When they start using lightweight internals, the cost will be even higher.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    which is where i believe honda has gone down the wrong path a little, Type R's should still be without all this crap. all these softc**ks wanting a performance car that feels like a luxury car inside
    its a natural journey for cars to go down this path mate.

think about it, you expect your car to have power windows, abs brakes, power steering, Aircon, even airbags, these are all options we expect in a car these days...

you could remove all of these features and you would have a lighter faster car ... but would you want to remove it all for a daily driver? and do you think Honda would sell any cars without it? even as an option... the price tag would jump 10 grand!!

new options in cars are always being introduced, and it would be silly of honda to ignore it. ppl's expectations are always growing, and now we want curtain airbags etc etc

not exactly like they are a bunch of soft cocks complaining ..

Quote Originally Posted by preludacris View Post
    its a natural journey for cars to go down this path mate.

think about it, you expect your car to have power windows, abs brakes, power steering, Aircon, even airbags, these are all options we expect in a car these days...

you could remove all of these features and you would have a lighter faster car ... but would you want to remove it all for a daily driver? and do you think Honda would sell any cars without it? even as an option... the price tag would jump 10 grand!!

new options in cars are always being introduced, and it would be silly of honda to ignore it. ppl's expectations are always growing, and now we want curtain airbags etc etc

not exactly like they are a bunch of soft cocks complaining ..

could not agree more...

Member Array
    Car:
    STi
    no... don't like the look of the rear..

Member Array
    Car:
    A few...
    Why dont they sell it as a "Type S" or something!? To me a "Honda Type R" is a stripped out, basic, handbuilt, Road registered race car!

Some people want a harsh, noisy, unforgiving car! (Hello Lotus Elise)

Type R's have been getting softer and softer over the years, think of the reputation of DC2R and EK9! They had journalists and racers in a lather over their rawness and performance straight off the showroom floor! then came the "softer & luxurious" DC5R and EP3 and their more comfortable and forgiving nature (but I still want an EP3). It looks like the Type R name/legacy is going downhill from there!

Dont get me wrong, im sure this will be a brilliant little car and I like that Honda are having a go at it, but it should be a Type S not R, it just doesn't have the family jewels to be a Type R!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicey View Post
    Why dont they sell it as a "Type S" or something!? To me a "Honda Type R" is a stripped out, basic, handbuilt, Road registered race car!

Some people want a harsh, noisy, unforgiving car! (Hello Lotus Elise)

Type R's have been getting softer and softer over the years, think of the reputation of DC2R and EK9! They had journalists and racers in a lather over their rawness and performance straight off the showroom floor! then came the "softer & luxurious" DC5R and EP3 and their more comfortable and forgiving nature (but I still want an EP3). It looks like the Type R name/legacy is going downhill from there!

Dont get me wrong, im sure this will be a brilliant little car and I like that Honda are having a go at it, but it should be a Type S not R, it just doesn't have the family jewels to be a Type R!
    That's how it is. Even the Elise now has airconditioning, a CD player and even carpets!!!