Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.

D.I.Y [DC2]neon setupz

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim:
    Install neon’s under the seats/dash board, boot, and front bumper

Required:
    Screw drivers, Duct tape, neon’s, lighter, scissor,

Steps:
    cut all the wires and strip them.

boot:
    measure the neon’s length and drill 2holes on the parcel shelf, run the plastic ties thingies though the holes to secure the neon. And then run the neon’s wire to the front under the dash with your sub/amp wires.

under seats:
    first find a spot you want the neon to be under the seats. Put/peal the double sided tape on each end of the neon, and then just stick it on.

and then run the wires via your center console to the front, if u cant get it in try use a pen/screw driver to help u

under dash:
    Find a secure spot so you can use the plastic tie thingies to hold the neon’s under the dash.

Front grill:
    With this one make sure your neon is water proof be4 you install it, also you might want to give the radiator a clean/wipe as well.
    Same as all others find a spot for the neon to settle, tight it down with the plastic ties and you can also use double sided tape to help you secure it. Run the wire up to you bonnet and around the side (make sure it’s away from the engine belt or anything that may get HOT during driving) up to the battery and then put it though the fire wall along with your sub wires.

Connect:
    By now you should have all the wires from 6neons sitting under the dash ready to b connected/. Twist them together +ve with +ve, -ve with –ve and leave it there for a moment.
    Run an extra wire from the front to the boot (again along with your sub wires). When the wires get there remove/lift up the plastic pieces to allow the wires to go under/though to be connect to the boot light. Be4 u touch it, turn the switch/light off. The use sodium iron to connect the wires and then pop the light back in., and leave the switch.

Back to the front, now u should hav the extra wire from the back and all other wires from the neon’s there. Connect them together by using a clip or duct tape.
    When you’re done. Double check everything be4 your turn the switch on the boot light on. Once it’s on the neon’s should light up... if not then…. Read the Disclaimer on the top of the page :/

Other comments:
    -If some how the 2wires (+ve & -ve) came in contract, and the light don’t work any more, no need to panic you probably just blown the fuse. Go open your bonnet and change the interior light fuse (7.5) in the fuse box if it’s broken.
    -I don’t know about other cars but in mine the boot light comes on as well when the door opens. If yours doesn’t then you have to connect the neon’s to the interior light wires under the dash some where :/
    -if you don’t trust the wiring afterwards then go buy a fire extinguisher and keep it in the car
    凸-_-凸

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen5 VTi-R Prelude
    Ive got the same set of floor mats in my civic hehe.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    nice man

what bulbs u use for ur parkers dude?

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 B16A ED9CRX
    -buys a fire extingisher-

Good DIY :]

Get rid of those Holden Floormats too..

Blasphemy.
    Last edited by Bayani; 07-03-2007 at 06:50 AM.
    ... [ About Me | My Blog ] ...

Honda Parts For Sale
    Check out the Listing

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeling7 View Post
    what bulbs u use for ur parkers dude?
    the ones from undersground, it has a bit blue in em not that bight/white

Quote Originally Posted by Bayani View Post
    Get rid of those Holden Floormats too..
    haha stole em from my parents car :/
    凸-_-凸

buahaha...chi nice one dude... ur Y.C.Ds rice/lighting expert.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    haha yea gonna get more neons when i get paid next week
    gonna rice it up good
    凸-_-凸

Its a soldering iron. Not a sodium iron. lol

Did you use any electrical tape or anything to insulate the wiring??

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    Its a soldering iron. Not a sodium iron. lol
    bloody mirosoft words

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    Did you use any electrical tape or anything to insulate the wiring??
    lol yea duct tape/ & those clips
    凸-_-凸

if u look at his thread about spraying brake rotors, its the same ol' ghetto feel. i love it

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen 5 Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by m3ntAL_l2 View Post
    When you’re done. Double check everything be4 your turn the switch on the boot light on. Once it’s on the neon’s should light up... if not then…. Read the Disclaimer on the top of the page :/
    haha "covering one's arse"

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 da9
    i was gunna do the exact same thing in my boot with the the neons i had lying around my garage and wire them up to the boot light, but when i got to them, they had both cracked oh well. my other problem was making it so i could still remove the parcel shelf. did u do some sort or connection there to unclip the neon to remove the tray? i was gunna use some male/female electrical plugs