Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    blk -ve + red +ve
    凸-_-凸

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    88 CRX Si
    kool, sounds simple enough, if you guys hear about a guy dying by electric shock or something in adelaide thatll be me ^^

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    EK civic sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by m3ntAL_l2 View Post
    Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim:
    Install neon’s under the seats/dash board, boot, and front bumper

Required:
    Screw drivers, Duct tape, neon’s, lighter, scissor,

Steps:
    cut all the wires and strip them.

boot:
    measure the neon’s length and drill 2holes on the parcel shelf, run the plastic ties thingies though the holes to secure the neon. And then run the neon’s wire to the front under the dash with your sub/amp wires.

under seats:
    first find a spot you want the neon to be under the seats. Put/peal the double sided tape on each end of the neon, and then just stick it on.

and then run the wires via your center console to the front, if u cant get it in try use a pen/screw driver to help u

under dash:
    Find a secure spot so you can use the plastic tie thingies to hold the neon’s under the dash.

Front grill:
    With this one make sure your neon is water proof be4 you install it, also you might want to give the radiator a clean/wipe as well.
    Same as all others find a spot for the neon to settle, tight it down with the plastic ties and you can also use double sided tape to help you secure it. Run the wire up to you bonnet and around the side (make sure it’s away from the engine belt or anything that may get HOT during driving) up to the battery and then put it though the fire wall along with your sub wires.

Connect:
    By now you should have all the wires from 6neons sitting under the dash ready to b connected/. Twist them together +ve with +ve, -ve with –ve and leave it there for a moment.
    Run an extra wire from the front to the boot (again along with your sub wires). When the wires get there remove/lift up the plastic pieces to allow the wires to go under/though to be connect to the boot light. Be4 u touch it, turn the switch/light off. The use sodium iron to connect the wires and then pop the light back in., and leave the switch.

Back to the front, now u should hav the extra wire from the back and all other wires from the neon’s there. Connect them together by using a clip or duct tape.
    When you’re done. Double check everything be4 your turn the switch on the boot light on. Once it’s on the neon’s should light up... if not then…. Read the Disclaimer on the top of the page :/

Other comments:
    -If some how the 2wires (+ve & -ve) came in contract, and the light don’t work any more, no need to panic you probably just blown the fuse. Go open your bonnet and change the interior light fuse (7.5) in the fuse box if it’s broken.
    -I don’t know about other cars but in mine the boot light comes on as well when the door opens. If yours doesn’t then you have to connect the neon’s to the interior light wires under the dash some where :/
    -if you don’t trust the wiring afterwards then go buy a fire extinguisher and keep it in the car
    another thing you can use instead of the double sided tape to stick under your car seats is valcro stripping. just cut the valcro stripping to the size of the double sided tape and use the spikey side of the valcro on the back of the neon (where your ment to put the double sided tape) and your done. the spikey side of the valcro should stick to: carpet car seat covers and just about anything fabric related.

Banned Array
    Car:
    EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by civicluv View Post
    another thing you can use instead of the double sided tape to stick under your car seats is valcro stripping. just cut the valcro stripping to the size of the double sided tape and use the spikey side of the valcro on the back of the neon (where your ment to put the double sided tape) and your done. the spikey side of the valcro should stick to: carpet car seat covers and just about anything fabric related.
    yo dude, were can i buy these from? coz im having sum real trouble with the double sided tape >.<

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    lincraft nigra

Member Array
    Car:
    EK civic sedan
    from what ive found you buy it in like 1mtr strips or something and you just cut it to length. most of your craft shops or shops like spotlight and shops should sell it.

Member Array
    Car:
    C34/RE7/ED6/FN2
    How big are the neons? under the dash? under the seat? in front of the car and in the boot?

Just wanted to know coz theres a lot of sizes out there.

Banned Array
    Car:
    EH9
    thos ones look to be about 12"?

most common size is about 26cm or so

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey RA1 sooo old
    i usually use about 300mm (12") if i can, but in places where u cant i use 200mm (8"). (internal setup)

underbody neons / leds usually come in 2 sizes, ones that will fit the front/ rear bar and ones that fit in between the wheel arches under your doors for the side of your car.

just plan where u want to put them and get a ruler, measuring tape etc and work out wat u need.

planning is essential for a good neon / led setup. also plan out how much wire u will need and wat exactly u need to take apart / remove to allow you to invisibly install your setup.
    Last edited by Simmo2302; 15-07-2009 at 06:30 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    C34/RE7/ED6/FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo2302 View Post
    i usually use about 300mm (12") if i can, but in places where u cant i use 200mm (8"). (internal setup)

underbody neons / leds usually come in 2 sizes, ones that will fit the front/ rear bar and ones that fit in between the wheel arches under your doors for the side of your car.

just plan where u want to put them and get a ruler, measuring tape etc and work out wat u need.

planning is essential for a good neon / led setup. also plan out how much wire u will need and wat exactly u need to take apart / remove to allow you to invisibly install your setup.

Thanks for the idea m8 theres soo many sizes in the market up for sale to choose from.

thanks for the ideas..