Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord VTi 1997

Lowering & Comfort ?

Hey guys I was just wondering if its possible to lower a car (cd5 accord) and still have a comfortable ride..

I currently have a 180sx with king springs + standard shocks, im looking at getting an accord and i will most likly want to lower it but the reason im buying an accord is for a more comfotable ride..

So can anyone recomend a good spring/shock setup which can lower the car and still be nice the drive..

Cheers..

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    i had whiteline springs on stock shocks and they were very comfortable

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord VTi 1997
    I guess the norm is about 2" ?
    2" lower would probly be alright, i dont want it sitting on the ground.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 VTi
    dude! i've never tried any other setup but only what i had in my old car.

i had KYB exel-G shocks with 2" ALLSPRINGS/JUMBOs ( some people might not like these but i really liked it )

and it was the most comfortable ride ever.. it still had the comfort of stock ride height with less body roll.

if only i still had my car you could of tried it out

and for 2" lowered it probably wont be extremely low ( although sometimes 2" on some cars are faily low ) but i reckon it would be the ideal height for comfort/looks/performance. and 2" just makes it most places even with the mudflaps on. only sometimes it might scrape the exhaust(mine was stock) only because the accords wheelbase is longer then like civics n stuff.

heres a pic just to show you... i had 17's on it with 45 profile

Last edited by mikeypoopi3; 06-03-2007 at 07:52 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord VTi 1997
    Sounds good mikey, yeah im not realy looking for performance, i just hate the huge gap between the tyres and the guards..

Member Array
    Car:
    TRX400EX,TRD 3500S & BT50
    Bez ftw
    Bwwwwoooommmp

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    Ohh Mike Sexy Car u got there.... What I guess bigger rims makes the different. I love it! Hey mike what rims are they you got on the car?

Anyways I'll have my input on this topic as well. I've got a CD5 droped about 2.5" to 3" all round. I've got coils D2's People bagg them but i actualy like them Suites my price range and i have no intention of going to tracks. What ever you do just dont go get ur stock springs resetted or choped. Get some decent sent of suss and you wont have to worry about anything. One other thing you gotta be lookin out for is the Camber. The height i'm sitting at i've got a -2.5 Degree Camber. Which i will fix when i get some money to get a camber kit. Which will cost around about $600 bucks

Anyways Good luck with it, but if i were you i'd be getting it done right the first time.
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!

Just ensure u get a setup with comfortable spring rates. i'm sittong on koni yellows and h&R sports (25% stiffer than OEM), and its damn comfortable.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplodin View Post
    Ohh Mike Sexy Car u got there.... What I guess bigger rims makes the different. I love it! Hey mike what rims are they you got on the car?

Anyways I'll have my input on this topic as well. I've got a CD5 droped about 2.5" to 3" all round. I've got coils D2's People bagg them but i actualy like them Suites my price range and i have no intention of going to tracks. What ever you do just dont go get ur stock springs resetted or choped. Get some decent sent of suss and you wont have to worry about anything. One other thing you gotta be lookin out for is the Camber. The height i'm sitting at i've got a -2.5 Degree Camber. Which i will fix when i get some money to get a camber kit. Which will cost around about $600 bucks

Anyways Good luck with it, but if i were you i'd be getting it done right the first time.

hehe yeah thanks for the comment dude.

wheels are K-Speed Nitro's 17"rims tyres were 205/45 kumho ecsta tyres

BEZ well i wasnt after a full crazy performance set up. but what i had was a really comfortable daily driver/cruisy type of comfort. BUT it was also awesome to take to the twisties fanging it around the nationl park. but i guess it was the tyres as well that gave the overall performance.

2"inches all round is in the drivability height.
    2 1/2" to 3" would look hot but expect to encounter some difficult manouvering.

but to make it look nice probably lower the front a little bit more then the back.

As Xplodin said about doing it right the first time. you should try and do it right the first time you wont regret it after that. cause lowering a heavy ass car on stock shocks will wear it down fast. and once thats gone you are gonna get into lots of problems.

and if you are taking it to the shop to get them fitted. you'd have to pay twice in labour, once for springs and once for shocks if you do it separately.

and the price of shock/springs combo would cost on average. 8-900 bux. and coilovers cost around 1200 for basic ones. so if you could save up it would be better to get the coilovers as you can adjust the height you desire.

just some of my opinions that i wanted to share but i was a stooge and went to get springs done a few months after i got my car hehehe. but lucky me the previous owner had some KYB shocks installed so i guess i didnt need to change my shocks.

but whatever you decide just gotta remember the pros and cons of whatever combo you decide.

if u want a comfy ride dont lower your car at all full stop
    trust me i no ive lowered my euro 7inchs at the back

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    I've lowered my euro 45mm on tein coilovers and have a more comfy ride than standard after some fine tuning. I can go a lot softer yet
    Having had a Accord 98 V6 which has quite a soft ride, I found the euro a bit jarring over my local potholes, after having had a broken hip and pelvis.
    So now my car is lowered AND rides a bit softer than standard.
    My other option was to go the damping adjustable Koni yellows with lowering springs.
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    Like a brick...................
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank